How do I use Power query to merge data from multiple tables on one sheet to a single table on another sheet?

Fred56

I have the following set up on sheet 1:

1 item Item Description
2 xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4 Object1 Object2 Object 2
5 ABC1 CBA1
6 ABC2
8 Item Item Description
9 xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
11 Object1 Object 2 Object 3
12 ABC9 DDD1 CBA2
13 ABC2

What I have is a group of rows that represent a specific item and inside that group is a table of object with a varied number of rows. Different object Tables may contain the same objects. Note, this is just a partial example - there are actually around 200 different items represented on sheet 1 (therefore 200 object tables). What I want to do is merge all of the individual tables on sheet 1 into a single table on sheet 2 eg.

1 Object 1 Object 2 Object 3
2 ABC1 DDD1 CBA1
3 ABC2 CBA2
4 ABC9

Preferably, I would like to remove duplicates - in this case on sheet 2 the object 1 column is only showing 1 ABC1 and not 2 but if this ins't possible I could live with the duplicates. Basically what I want on sheet 2 is a master of list of all objects referenced in tables on sheet 1. I would like this to be dynamic so that if I add/edit/delete an object in a object table on sheet 1, that change is automatically reflected in the table on sheet 2.

Is there a way to do this using Power Query?

Thanks,
Fred

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Yep, Power Query can do this. You basically create 1 query for each of the tables, then a new query to "Append" them together (there is a ribbon button for the Append operation). And yes, you can remove dupes as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralemanygarcia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back