How to add color to cells from a table

adelagza

Hi, I have this problem, I have an small Table with some numbers on the first column and some text on the second column, the numbers on the list are not in sequence as you can see the table enclosed, what I want is first to use a formula of the Lookup type and place the text in whatever cell I want, I guess that's easy with a formula like this "=LOOKUPV(A1,B1:C14,2,0)" considering that the table is on the Range "B1:C14" then once this is done I want to color the cell with the color the table has and that I know is with a "Conditional Format" and I have tried several with no success, can someone there could help me in order to finish this problem? Thanks in advance for your effort and I will follow your replies to try'em . ADELAGZA

ECTCOLOR
CORR. SENCILLO
26CORR. SENCILLO
29CORR. SENCILLO
40CORR. SENCILLO
44CORR. SENCILLO
55CORR. SENCILLO
42CORR. DOBLE
48CORR. DOBLE
51CORR. DOBLE
61CORR. DOBLE
71CORR. DOBLE
82CORR. DOBLE

<tbody>
</tbody>
I have placed the text in color, because I do not knew how to color the cells in the table, but actually what I want is that the cell be colored with the color of the
table text color and also where I choose to put the text elsewhere in the program that the text would be in black and the cell in the color according to
the number selected in the formula from the column "ECT"​

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
You can copy and paste special\Formats to get that conditional formatting to another cell or range. However there may some issues with any relative referencing in the Conditional formatting.

Upvote 0
SpillerBD, thanks for your reply, actually what I want is some kind of formula and perhaps some conditional formating that once it is placed it can work by itself whatever time the program is used and variables are changed, I hope I can explained myself I am not very expert in the handling of Excel, but I want to learn as much as I can I am 86 years old but I consider that never is late to learn, and as you say, if you think that it can be done is half the battle!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SpillerBD, please see my message that I placed as a reply to my own question (I dont even learn how to handle myself in the Forum, yet, I hope I will learn as I use it!! - Thanks - Agustin

P.S. By the way on the table I sent first there are only two colors I need one for "CORR SENCILLO" and another for "CORR. DOBLE", i do not know How black became mixed the one color is for number 23 to 55 and the other color would be for number 42 to 82, hope I explained very clearly, it is not easy to write in a language it is not your own!! - Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davenil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back