how to add total months paid when dividing the total amount I paid per month

ylliricon

Hi All.

I am Interested to find out how my month I have paid each month from a set date with a set amount of monies each month.

for example I need to pay 550 Euros each month into an account but I have paid more than that (6,050 Euros) more in total since the payment plan started.

My payment plan started on 01/09/2016 that would give me 32 months until 04/2019 (550*32=17,600 euros) plus 6,050 euros that a total of 23,650 euros.

so I would like to know how far ahead am I in months terms my adding the total amount (23,650) and converting it into months.

Column E4:E33 (marked blue) has different amounts entered into them, Cell L13 (marked red) gets updated automatically by the value added in Column E, now I would like Cell K10 (marked Yellow), currently set to 43 months from the date of 01/09/2016 for the total amount paid 23,650, (which gives me a 11 months advance payment) to be updated automatically in months terms when value in Cell L13 increases or decreases

please see google sheets ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16kNhnTBwGpYFc6v7crsy7Os6T-JZpxdHMxUYOjlUWl0/edit#gid=0 )

Thank You.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
ylliricon: Please read Mr Excel's policy on Cross-Posting in rule 13: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/99490-forum-rules.html

Hi Macropod, sorry didn't mean to break any rules of the forum, in rule 13 it say's that I should put the question here and not simply a link, which I have done if you read the original thread, I explain what i need and what problem I am having, and asking for a solution, the link which I have posted on the original thread is not of a question from a different forum but is a link to the spreadsheet which i am using to do the calculation to my problem, which is in Google Spreadsheets, given that Excel and Google Spreadsheets have the same functionality I wanted to ask in here as well, and hopefully someone could help me.

As for the "make it clear that i have cross-posted, I do Apologies as I was not aware that i would have to do that!

Again do apologies and I hope that someone can help me to find a solution to the problem I am having.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back