How to change Source Table file without affecting queries

Dinesaaa

Hi Team,

I have a created a data in Table as base file and with the help of this i have created too many queries as per my need.

But I need to replace the source data file with additional changes without affecting queries

• There will not be any changes on the existing data, but there are possibilities of adding one or two new columns.

Dinesh S

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
What kind of link did you use for your table?

Did you imported all the data in your Access containing your queries or did you create link to use your data file externally with the principle of server/client?

Upvote 0
Hi Roxxien,

I have a set of data in excel format and saved it in my desktop. I have created the table by uploading this excel data into Access and keeping this as base i have created certain queries.

This desktop data will updated on weekly basis and new columns may get into the sheet but existing data/columns remaining same.

Now my concern is; i need to import this updated data into my previous base Table but all my queries should automatically refreshed.

Hope clarified your doubts.

Dinesh S

Upvote 0
Ok, so if I understand, your data are "living" inside your Access file.

In that case, you can try something in a COPY of your Access. I insist on the COPY.

You will go in the External data menu and click on the saved imports button.
If you find the original excel files that you did the first import. Click on it and the Run button in the bottom left corner of that window.
If not, you will need to redo the import manually.

In both case, you should have a pop-up windows asking if you want to replace the data, yes!

In the future, if you do something like that that would need to be constantly updated, I suggest to not "import" the data but to create a link. That way, by modifying the original data, your queries will be automatically updated.

Upvote 0
Were you able to "rerun" the saved imports or you needed to redo it manually?

In any case, I'm happy it worked.

Upvote 0
I tried the "rerun" but couldn't able to find any import files over there.

I have created link and this work perfectly and very easy too :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taner zz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back