How to copy row in one workbook to master workbook.

adriel19pr

Question: I have a workbook called "Datasheet1.xlsx" and would like to have the total row which is "B209-O209" of that sheet auto fill the Master workbook row by row starting with "B4" I would need to reuse the datasheet over and over on a daily basis. I would like to keep the records on the next available row in the master workbook without erasing the previous data.

Is there a way of updating the master workbook using a macro?

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
If I understand you correctly you want to copy Range B209:O209 and transpose this in the master beginning at range A3. Give this code a try.

Code:
Sub ImportandTranspose()
Workbooks("DataSheet1.xlsx").Range("B209:O209").Copy
If Len(ThisWorkbook.Range("A3")) = 0 Then
    ThisWorkbook.Range("A3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
Else
    ThisWorkbook.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
End If
End Sub

-jonhaus
For More Help with Excel and VBA visit my Website

Upvote 0
Thanks Jonhaus,

For some reason I get a Compile error: "Method or data member not found." Here "If Len(ThisWorkbook.Range[/B][/B][/B]("A3")) = 0 Then" were the .Range gets highlighted.

Basically what I have is a Datasheet that I need to fill for each individual cashier. I would like to have a VBA so that when I click on the button the information in the "Datasheet1.xlsx" range B209:O209 go and start filling the "MASTER1.xlsx" range "A3:N3". Then for the next cashier it will fill the next line "A4:N4" and so on to fill the Master on a daily basis. Dont really know anything about VBA was just told that it was the only way to make it happen. will greatly appreciate all the help willing to give. Thanks

Upvote 0
I forgot to specify the sheet name in your master workbook. You will have to change "Sheet1" to your sheet name. Also I think I misinterpreted you and you don't want to transpose the data, so i modified that as well.

Sub ImportandTranspose()
Workbooks("DataSheet1.xlsx").Range("B209:O209").Copy
If Len(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A3")) = 0 Then
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A3").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
Else
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End If
End Sub

-jonhaus
If you are interested in learning visual basic visit my website

Upvote 0
Sorry again.

For some reason I get an Run-time error '438' "Object doesn't support this property or method. Please excuse the question is there anyway I may send you the workbooks so that you may see the problem?

Thank You very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purevega

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back