How to create a table that updates itself

wbasket

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello to everyone!

I have been trying to find a solution to the following problem for two weeks. I'm getting crazy!
Here is it:

1) I have an excel file with a huge table, built with a specific excel Add-in, that is taking data directly from a database of my company.
Lets say that this table is something like the folloing Table 1 (of course the original table that i'm referring to is so much bigger. It actually has 2378 rows and something like 20/30 columns. Moreover, as this table takes data from an online database, the number of rows will increase over time)

table1.JPG

2) From the other side i have a manual database that i will call Table 2. In Table 2 i also have a "product" column but, in there, are only listed some of the products included in previous table (Table 1). Lets say that Table 2 looks like the following:

table2.JPG

In this Table 2 i have some columns like "project status" and "owner" that i manually fill. As previously said, in the Product column of Table 2 i have items that are included in the product column of Table 1 and, if they are not (like A1 and B1) they will fore sure in the future. Also in this case, the size of the Table 2 will increase over time because of new products to be included (P7, P8, A2 etc..)

Here it comes my request/problem:
  • What i would like to do is to have a Table where i still have all the information included in the Table 2 but matched/combined with the relatives information coming from Table 1 (Reminder: info in table 1 may change over time because are coming directly from an online database)
  • I would like to have this new Table ( but it can also be a modified Table 2) with the following layout:
Final Table.JPG

This Final Table should "link" for all the Products of Table 2 all the relatives information present in Table 1.
In other words: all the times that i will add a new value in the "product" columns (lets say P7), i want this new table to look for it in Table 1, and if this new value is found (P7 found in Table 1) takes all the relatives information contained in this table and copy them in right fields of the Final table.

So, if P7 in table 1 has values only for Canada and US, than take the data that are referring to Canada and US and copy them in Canada and US fields of the Final Table

There is anyone who can help me? Can it be solved with Excel formulas? Maybe with VBA?

Thanks in advance to all!

Best Regards

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
@wbasket
While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back