how to delete import errors tables from Access?

deadeye123

****** id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">
I am not a VBA expert. what I am trying to do is to import multiple csv files into access. access is creating bunch of import error tables after i import the files. i am using the code below to delete the error tables after i run a macro to import the csv files but it's not working. it's telling me user defined type not defined. any help is appreciated. I really appreciate if you can help me fix that code or find a different one
Sub dropImportError()
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: inherit;">Dim tbl_name As DAO.TableDef, str As String
With CurrentDb
For Each tbl_name In .TableDefs
str
= tbl_name.Name
If InStr(str, "ImportErrors") <> 0 Then
str
= "DROP TABLE" & str & ""
DoCmd
.RunSQL str
End If
Next
End With</code>End Sub

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>
</body>
I am not a VBA expert. what I am trying to do is to import multiple csv files into access. access is creating bunch of import error tables after i import the files. i am using the code below to delete the error tables after i run a macro to import the csv files but it's not working. it's telling me user defined type not defined. any help is appreciated. I really appreciate if you can help me fix that code or find a different one
Sub dropImportError()
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; white-space: inherit;">Dim tbl_name As DAO.TableDef, str As String
With CurrentDb
For Each tbl_name In .TableDefs
str
= tbl_name.Name
If InStr(str, "ImportErrors") <> 0 Then
str
= "DROP TABLE" & str & ""
DoCmd
.RunSQL str
End If
Next
End With</code>End Sub

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Your string has no spaces between the words.
When you build a raw SQL command string use string concatenation you MUST look at the string to make sure it is correct. If you did this would see instantly the problem:

Code:
DROP TABLEImportErrors

you want instead:
Code:
DROP TABLE ImportErrors

To test your code without running it and viewing the commands you create use Debug.Print (or a msgbox):
Code:
Sub dropImportError()
Dim tbl_name As DAO.TableDef, str AsString
With CurrentDb
  ForEach tbl_name In.TableDefs
    str = tbl_name.Name
    If InStr(str,"ImportErrors")<>0Then
      str ="DROP TABLE"& str &""
      Debug.Print str
      '//DoCmd.RunSQL str
    EndIf
  Next
EndWith
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back