How to delete PDF files in perticular folder ,files, which's body/ content contain/have some specific words?

chirag050675

Board Regular
Dear All Experts,

I already search for code on web but all codes construct & delete files based on search for specific character in file name & extensions.

But my requirement of VBA code to delete all .PDF file not on based of file name but file's body/content have/contain some specific word.

files resides in particular single folder or may be subfolder also.

May be search or find for that word with wild card can help to delete that file if that word found in that file.

Hope there are help available in this great platform & will be appreciated well.

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Last edited:
Dear Sir @Fennek,

Thank you very much sit, Your efforts towards this thread is really valuable. though we till not reach at final but really you learn users that how to use various approach to achieve target like as open Pdf file in word, use of dedicated to PDF application, Internet Explorer Approach, use of files attribute as differentiate targeted PDF files through loops, thatch great.

one question in my mind (as previous my post no 12) that if we use Doc Fetcher (With user interface) that collect content index of any text based file & use it for search any in file ,& its displayed result as file list that in which file that word happened. how to integrate that result of files with VBA?

Pdfgrep is command line application.. if its work fast then how to integrate it with Excel Vba?

Hope there are some solution found regarding this thread from some one expert here.

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Dear All Experts.

Attached Screen shot of Doc Fetcher PDF Search Free application that searched word "Impuse" in the multiple PDF files
2drz9c7.png
[/IMG]

Can we get file list in Excel Vba to kill it

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear All Experts,

Please note that we cannot delete files from Doc Fetcher.
We can just select that search result"s file list , can not copy also.
Even there are no any right click menu appear to process on selected files.
That seem major draw back of Doc Fetcher. So I need to generate this thread
On MrExcel.com. & require Vba .

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader). With this you might use either java-script or a dll AcroExch in Excel/Word. regards

Upvote 0
Hi there,
Great exemple thank you for sharing, It very interesting.

Leo. B

Upvote 0
Hi, do you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader). With this you might use either java-script or a dll AcroExch in Excel/Word. regards

Dear Sir @Fennek,

Thanks for take interest. but unfortunately i have no Full version, Just reader...but...but can we use Calibre ? that already free & also support all types of Portable Document Formats.also unfortunately i can not install Calibre (some installation problems there)

you can read about calibre here
https://www.techworld.com/download/internet-tools/calibre-330-64-bit-3329075/

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Upvote 0
Dear & Respected Experts

Can we use Shell command & send our search process to the Doc Fetcher?
& Can be retrieve search result's file list to delete or process those files?

Regards,

Chirag Raval

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back