How to determine cell contents of the sumproduct result

CachimJ

Hello!

I would first like to apologize if this question has already been posted and answered numerous times but I was unable to find the right wording for my question to find a thread that matched.

In short, I have a sumproduct formula with multiple criteria that helps identify the number of issues I have on the main spreadsheet. I got the number of issues, however now I would like to identify the cells meeting this criteria. Is there any way to do this?

For example: 2 issues identified; B10 and B26. (Or more specifically, if possible, the contents of that given cell?)

Sumproduct:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(May!C2:C452="FHA"),--(May!Z2:Z452<>""),--(May!AB2:AB452<>""),--(May!AC2:AC452=""))

I hope this makes sense! Thank you in advance to whomever can help!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Could you possibly use Data Filters to only show the records meeting your criteria?
It seems to me that they may be the easiest/fastest method to see that data.

Upvote 0
Hi Joe4, thanks for your reply!

My main tab on the spreadsheet is a report with many different columns that would need to be filtered several different ways each time in order to catch the exceptions we are looking for. I was trying to avoid this manual process by creating a new tab to show these exceptions without having to look for them and leave cause for any user/human error where something could potentially be missed. In the new tab, I was already able to pull the total number of the different exceptions we need to look for, however I wanted to see if there would be a way to also identify which row or cell this exception falls in so that the user can immediately find and correct it. I hope I am getting across what I am trying to do!

Upvote 0
What about using something like Conditional Formatting to highlight the rows meeting your criteria?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back