How to find a number manually entered in a cell and then copy and paste it to another cell

Mike Guest98

Hi

I’m a newbie to Excel and have spent many hours with no luck on this one. I’m trying to find the location of a manually entered number, 1 to 10 is the choice. So the number gets entered in cell C17, say number 4 as an example.

Using VBA I need it to search the following 5 column locations: C30 TO C50, E30 TO E50, G30 TO G50, H30 TO H50 AND L30 TO L50. Each column has a number 4 but only one 4 has a value in the cell to the right of it. So as an example IF it finds 4 in C30 and a value in D30 it is a positive (if their was no value in D30 it would be negative).

Now I need the value in cell D30 to be copied and pasted in cell F10.

The end

Thanks in a advance for any help.
Mike

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; }</style>

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Try this it shoulkd get you started but it is untested:
Code:
Sub test()
Dim colno(1 To 5) As Long
colno(1) = 3
colno(2) = 5
colno(3) = 7
colno(4) = 8
colno(5) = 12

inarr = Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(50, 13))
 chkno = Cells(17, 3)
 fnd = False
 For i = 1 To 5
   For j = 30 To 50
     If (inarr(j, colno(i)) = chkno) And (inarr(j, colno(i) + 1) <> "") Then
       Cells(10, 6) = inarr(j, colno(i) + 1)
       fnd = True
       Exit For
     End If
   Next j
  If fnd Then Exit For
 Next i

End Sub

Upvote 0
It didn't work when I tested the answer so rewrote the problem.

I’m a newbie to Excel and have spent many hours with no luck on this one. Using actual cell locations here is the project:

1) In cell C17 I enter one number, can any number from 1 to 10. Lets say I choose the number 4 as an example.

2) I have 5 locations where number 4 could be located: C27 TO C36, F27 TO F36, I27 TO I36, L27 TO L36 AND O27 TO O36. Note each column has a number 4 but only one has a value in the cell to the right of it. So as an example IF it finds a 4 in cell F27 and a value such as 1-1 in F28 it is a positive (if their was no value in F28 it would be negative).

3) If it’s a positive (a value in cell F28) I need it to copy and paste the 1-1 in cell J3.

The end

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mike
<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif", serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 12pt; }</style>
<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif", serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 12pt; }</style>

Upvote 0
Put this formula in J3:

Code:
=IFERROR(INDIRECT(TEXT(MIN(IF(MOD(COLUMN(C27:Q36),3)=0,IF(C27:Q36=C17,IF(D27:R36<>"",ROW(D27:R36)*100+COLUMN(D27:R36))))),"R00C00"),0),"")

confirm it by pressing Control+Shift+Enter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back