How to find a number Using VBA

Mike Guest98

Using VBA (must be used because there is more to this coding) I need to find the location of a manually entered number, 1 to 10 are the only choices. The number gets entered in cell C17.
As an example say I’m looking for number 7 (could be any number 1- 10).

I have 5 columns where the above selected number is located and only there:

C30 TO C300,
E30 TO E300,
G30 TO G300,
H30 TO H300
L30 TO L300.

Each of the above columns has numerous 7’s in them but only one 7 has a value in the cell (use “1-1”) in the next column to the right of it. So, as an example if it finds 7 in C75 and a value of 1-1 in D76 it is a positive and if their was nothing (blank) in D76 it would be negative.

Not an easy one. Thanks in advance for any help.

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif", serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 12pt; }</style>

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
try this

Code:
Sub do_it()

n = [C17]

For Each cell In Range("C30:C300,E30:E300,G30:G300,H30:H300,L30:L300")
If cell.Value = n And Range(cell.Address).Offset(0, 1) = "1-1" Then
MsgBox "Found a postivive result in " & cell.Address
End If
Next

End Sub

hth,
Ross

Upvote 0
THANK-YOU SO MUCH, YOU’RE AMAZING! Not sure if I’m allowed to complete this program here by asking for the last step:

When the program has a positive result I would like to copy and paste it to a “unique location”. So if I use the original request above and it finds the number 7 located in C75 it’s the contents in C76 I would like to copy and paste. There are 10 rows to place the contents in:

Cell H1 is row 1

Cell H2 is row 2
Cell H3 is row 3
Cell H4 is row 4
Cell H5 is row 5
Cell H6 is row 6
Cell H7 is row 7
Cell H8 is row 8
Cell H9 is row 9
Cell H10 is row 10

In my above example the cell contents (C75) are 1-1 so it would use the first number of 1 and place it I1 (if the contents was 2-1 it would go to I2 (using the first number of 2) and so on). This is an ongoing process so every time a copy and paste occurs it must use the next cell to the right of the previous one and not overwrite the contents in any cell.

I hope this is possible, I think it should be. Thanks so much for any assistance.

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif", serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "WenQuanYi Micro Hei"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Devanagari"; font-size: 12pt; }</style>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back