How to have Excel auto open across all screens?

bobby b

Hi, I've recently switched from Excel 2013 running on Win7 to Excel 365 running on Win10. I previously had it setup on Win7 where I could open an Excel file and it would automatically open across all 3 of my monitors. It was full screen but I could still see the windows tool bar at the bottom. Now, on Win10 with the new Excel, it will only open across 1 screen, and I have to click and drag to size it across the other screens. Not sure if this is a related issue, but worth noting that when I now open a second Excel file, it opens it in a new window/instance of Excel (often in a different sized window) and so switching between them becomes really awkward.

I know this might seem like the most trivial of problems, but it is driving me absolutely insane! I would be eternally grateful if anyone knows how to set this up, so that it automatically opens across all of my monitors and I can preserve my sanity :)

Thank you!

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back