How to make a formula keep its original value

Steviefiege

Board Regular
Hi,
I was just wondering, is there a way of once the formula has worked to just keep that original value there?
For example, i'm using a VLOOKUP to get my results which work perfectly. Once i get that result i dont want it to ever change as what would happen is when i update my spreadsheet obviously the formula will look at the new values & change the original result. Was just wondering if there was a way to stop that?

Rgs
Steve

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Is that the only way of doing it? Knew that was one answer but thought maybe there was another way where i didnt have to do it manually.

Upvote 0
The issue You've got is a VLOOKUP and then refreshing the data, which is going to happen automatically.

I think you'd need more a macro that will first process your lookup, export to CSV or even a change history sheet using some sort of primary key.
Then you can you lookup and lookup on changes

Upvote 0
I'm doing a football betting spreadsheet & the vlookup is looking up the particular team & their particular strengths at home. Say Home Win for example. So thats what i'd bet on. But then once i've updated my spreadsheet with the results obviously that might change as they might have lost their game. If there's not way around it then i dont mind just changing it manually, was asking if once it was in then it could stay as it was.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back