How to make a macro run each time a specific cell value changes.

ARC32

I'm very new to vba so I'm probably making hard work of this, but I've tried to write a macro that will hide certain rows based on the value of other cells. Good news is that when I play the macro it appears to work.

Bad news is that I want to make the macro run every time the value of Cells(180,2), Cells(5,2) or Cells(27,3) changes (regardless of whether it's changed manually by the user, by formula or by another macro).

I've found similar threads elsewhere on here, but like I said, been using vba for a couple of days and afraid I just haven't followed them. :confused:

Can anyone help? - My code is as follows:

Sub mcrHideRows()

Dim intNumRows As Integer
Dim intRowCount As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

intNumRows = 221

If Cells(180, 2) <> "Used" Then Rows(180).Hidden = True
If Cells(180, 2) <> "Used" Then Rows(181).Hidden = True

If Cells(180, 2) = "Used" Then Rows(180).Hidden = False
If Cells(180, 2) = "Used" Then Rows(181).Hidden = False

For intRowCount = 1 To intNumRows

If Cells(5, 2) <> "Other" And Cells(introwcount, 16).Value = "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = True

If Cells(5, 2) = "Other" And Cells(27, 3) = "Limited" And Cells (introwcount, 14).Value = "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = True

If Cells(5, 2) = "Other" And Cells(27, 3) = "Non-Limited" And Cells(introwcount, 15).Value = "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = True

If Cells(5, 2) <> "Other" And Cells(introwcount, 16).Value <> "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = False

If Cells(5, 2) = "Other" And Cells(27, 3) = "Limited" And Cells(introwcount, 14).Value <> "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = False

If Cells(5, 2) = "Other" And Cells(27, 3) = "Non-Limited" And Cells(introwcount, 15).Value <> "x" Then Rows(introwcount).Hidden = False

Next introwcount

End Sub

Well, I've gotten the macro to trigger using the Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) routine, but I have come to the conclusion that my problem is that Autofit is not working over a range of rows. That is a problem for another thread so I will leave this one with thanks to Atroexcell, whose suggestion "Activeworkbook.Sheets("yoursheetnamehere").Rows("15:43").AutoFit" worked at least for one line at a a time.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
panjongshing

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back