How to merge cells....**important**

zebra7860

Hi,

I could really use some help.

I have a spreadsheet with 2 different worksheets : 'MS' and 'BSM'

The MS has values inputted manually and the BSM has the function " = MS!cell#" in specific cells to transfer those values.

simple so far.

The problem?

I want to merge some cells values in BSM but I cannot do it

For example, the MS worksheet has individual values in cells B7 & B8 , ie 1& 40, or 2 & 20, etc. I want this put as "1x40" or "2x20" in one cell in the BSM spreadsheet.
So, in other words, merge the values, but separate them by a "x" value

The other merge involves cities. The MS worksheet has 2 cells in which each has a city name such as New York in B36 and another city,ie Port Klang, in B37. I want is simply copy this as "New York/Port Klang" in one cell in BSM.

Can anybody help ????????

Thanks
Al

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

philwojo

I may be off on this, but in the cell you want the combined results in on the BSM sheet, just put this:
Code:
=B7&"x"&B8

Or whatever cells you want to combine and then in the quotes put the text you want in there, including any spaces.

zebra7860

I may be off on this, but in the cell you want the combined results in on the BSM sheet, just put this:
Code:
=B7&"x"&B8

Or whatever cells you want to combine and then in the quotes put the text you want in there, including any spaces.

Brilliant!!! Works well > thank you

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwg

This Week's Hot Topics