How to modify Power Pivot data connections in old workbooks? How to convert to Power Query?

alex1alex

Board Regular
Hello,

I only started using PowerPivot after Power Query was readily available. I come across example Excel/PowerPivot documents where the data is embedded into the Data Model and I don't understand how you can modify the connections.

I found this cool PowerPivot example here on the forum LINK that I'd like to play with but without manually copying the calculations over to a new Excel workbook just so that I can change the input data.

Could you explain how the connections are made and the data imported? (There are a bunch of Connections in Queries and Connections but it just says Add-in Data Connection. I don't see any "connections" in the Data Tools-> Manage Data Model/PowerPivot window)

Can you change the data at all? (In the example, some of the tables are really small (ie: XServiceLevel is one column with 9 values))

Can you convert the connections to PowerQuery? ( In the example, the main callData table was obviously imported from some other program/file)

Many Thanks,
Alex

alex1alex

Board Regular
I only just noticed that there are Home->Clipboard->Paste Append/Paste Replace buttons. That seems to work to update the data in those connections. Weird that I'm only seeing/noticing them now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PBE

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...