How to move all ROWS from a certain value next to the dataset in ROW 1?

tocy777

Hi,

On a daily basis I have to process documents where each page is divided into two.
For example if I get a 24 page long document then the first page's right half is going to be the 13th page, the 2nd page's right half is the 14th page, so first all the left side of page is presented first then the second half of the document is the right side of those pages. Pretty weird but in theory I have a simple solution, I just can't figure it out how to imply it.

So on the first page of the right sides starts with the cell value "CLIENT NAME" so if I could select that row and everything under it and cut it and paste it into the first row next to the dataset I already have (to unite the left and right side of each page) I would be so happy.

I tried coming up with a solution but fell short.
I hope my explanation is clear enough if not let me know and I will attach pictures.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
When I see words like "Document" and "Page", I have to ask the question, is this an Excel question or a Microsoft Word question?

You may have more luck if people can see what it all looks like.
You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.
Some people will also upload there file or images to a file/image sharing site, and provide links to it. Note that not everyone is willing or able to download files from the internet (my workplace's security policy prohibits it, for example), but many people are willing to do so.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerifiedBleachersAttendee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back