How to set several dynamic print areas and create macro to save them in PDF format

Nikolia7

Office Version
  1. 2013
  2. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to automate one of my spreasheets. I have an idea but because I have never used macros before, I don't know how to do it.

I have a file (Excel 2010 at the moment) "sales statements generator". On one tab it has 500 statements to various customers, one under another, (formulas in each statement gather data from other tabs). Also each statement has customer address, our company logo and a footer. At the moment I manually set print area for each statement, print/save as a separate file with customer name and then manually email each statement to each customer.

My idea is to pre-set dynamic print areas via Name Manager for each statement (the problem is they are all on one tab), then create macros VBA which would print (I don't actually need them printed on a paper, only Save as PDF, I use print Cute PDF) all statements, save them as separate PDF files with individual names in a folder.
Is it possible to do?
Please remember I have never used anything like that, I am only good at formulas in Excel :(

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Any links to step by steps tutorials for example on YouTube will be very welcome. I could not fine anything suitable...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back