Hyperlinking 2 Lists

gruhnelliot

Hello! I will make this as short as possible, I promise! I'm trying to hyperlink a list of numbers from one worksheet to another without having to do it manually.

For example, this table is in worksheet # 1.

18-01John
18-02Adam
18-03Dave

<tbody>
</tbody>

A similar table is in worksheet # 2. It has the same numbers (18-01, 18-02, etc.) but a completely different data set.

JanFebMar
18-0110510
18-021055

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is there a way to hyperlink these numbers

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Re: Need Help With Hyperlinking 2 Lists

G'day gruhnelliot,

Your questions lacks some details,

Hyperlink to or from what?
Which numbers? the 18- numbers or the 10's & 5's

It may be better to explain what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers

DSC

Upvote 0

Upon reflection, is what you are trying to achieve a combination of the two datasets that would, for example, have the name from ws1 appear between the 18- and the data from ws2

as in
A B C D E
Jan Feb Mar
18-01 John 10 5 10

If that is the case the question is where you want to do this? in ws1 , ws2 or another worksheet or workbook?

The easiest method that I am aware of would be a new column in ws2 where you want the name to appear (B above) and in that column simply put "=ws1 cell reference", and copy down. (I.e if John was in ws1 A2, then you can either type = and click in the source cell in ws1 OR type =worksheet 1 name<ws1><worksheetname>!A2

If you want it on a new worksheet or workbook then you have to link back to both sets of data, but is it very easily done with an "=" and a right mouse click in the cell from either ws1 or ws2 you want to copy into the new location.</worksheetname></ws1>

Last edited:
Upvote 0

<style><!--table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}@page {margin:1.0in .75in 1.0in .75in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:12.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Calibri, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl63 {text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}--></style>I apologize for the lack of details, I will try to explain it better here.

In worksheet # 1, I have a table where a group of people are assigned a file number, for example: John is assigned 18-01, Dave is assigned 18-02, and so on...

This is an example of the table in WS#1
18-01John
18-02Dave
18-03Chris

<!--StartFragment--> <colgroup><col width="65" span="2" style="width:65pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
<!--EndFragment--></tbody>

In worksheet # 2, those same file numbers are in a table which show how much money each person has spent this year.

This is an example of the table in WS#2.
File #JANFEBMAR
18-01
20$10$200$
18-0210$50$2000$
18-030$0$0$

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is there a way to hyperlink each corresponding number (18-01, 18-02, and so on) from WS#1 to WS#2, and from WS#2 back to WS#1?

So, if I was in WS#1, my goal is to click "18-01" and it hyperlink me to "18-01" in WS#2. Does this make sense?

The list has hundreds of file numbers so manually doing it for each one isn't realistic.

<colgroup><col span="4"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col span="4"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

I apologize for the lack of details, I will try to explain it better here.

In worksheet # 1, I have a table where a group of people are assigned a file number, for example: John is assigned 18-01, Dave is assigned 18-02, and so on...

18-01John
18-02Dave
18-03Chris

<tbody>
</tbody>

In worksheet # 2, those same file numbers are in a table which show how much money each person has spent this year.

File #JANFEBMAR
18-0120$10$200$
18-0210$50$2000$
18-030$0$0$

<tbody>
</tbody>

Is there a way to hyperlink each corresponding number (18-01, 18-02, and so on) from WS#1 to WS#2, and from WS#2 back to WS#1?

So, if I was in WS#1, my goal is to click "18-01" and it hyperlink me to "18-01" in WS#2. Does this make sense?

The list has hundreds of file numbers so manually doing it for each one isn't realistic.

Upvote 0

I apologize for the lack of details, I will try to explain it better here.

18-01John
18-02Dave
18-03Chris

<tbody>
</tbody>

File #JANFEBMAR
18-0120$10$200$
18-0210$50$2000$
18-030$0$0$

<tbody>
</tbody>

So, if I was in WS#1, my goal is to click "18-01" and it hyperlink me to "18-01" in WS#2.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back