Hyperlinking data in other sheets from one sheet where data is imported by Macro

masud8956

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2011
  3. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

In sheet 1 of my worksheet, I have imported data from multiple worksheets using the following VBA provided by a valued Board Regular of this forum (@mumps):

Code:
Sub Test()    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
    Sheets("DATA").Cells.ClearContents
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim firstRow As Long
    Dim myDir As String, fn As String, n As Long, t As Long, Cell As String
    Const wsName As String = "Summary of the Year"
    Const myRng As String = "G77:U796"
    myDir = "D:\Aircrew_Flying_Hour"
    fn = Dir(myDir & "\*.xlsx")
    If fn = "" Then MsgBox "No files in the folder": Exit Sub
    With Range(myRng)
        n = .Rows.Count: t = .Columns.Count
        Cell = .Cells(1).Address(0, 0)
    End With
    Do While fn <> ""
        With Sheets("Data").Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)(1).Resize(n, t)

.Formula = "=if('" & myDir & "\[" & fn & "]" & wsName & "'!" & Cell & "<>""""," & _
                       "'" & myDir & "\[" & fn & "]" & wsName & "'!" & Cell & ","""")"
            .Value = .Value
        End With
        fn = Dir
    Loop
    firstRow = Sheets("DATA").Range("A1:A" & Sheets("DATA").Rows.Count).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Row
    LastRow = Sheets("DATA").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    Sheets("DATA").Range("A" & firstRow & ":A" & LastRow).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="="
    Sheets("DATA").Range("A" & firstRow & ":A" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
    If Sheets("DATA").AutoFilterMode Then Sheets("DATA").AutoFilterMode = False
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

The code allows all previous data to be cleared (ClearContents) from Sheet 1 and import fresh data every time I run the code.

Now in Sheet 2, 3 and 4, I am trying to do some calculations using these 'imported data at Sheet 1' through regular excel formulae. But when the code clears all previous data and import fresh data, all cells in Sheet 2,3 and 4 where I have used any type of formulae linking to Sheet 1 turns into "#REF!"

What modification do I need to keep my formulae intact in Sheet 2, 3 and 4 while importing the data in Sheet 1 using VBA? Is there any other way around without modifying the macro?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
I think your problemn is because you are deleting rows entirely with this line. :
Code:
Sheets("DATA").Range("A" & firstRow & ":A" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.Delete
This will cause the Ref errors. I suggest you change this to clearcontents, then it should avoid the ref errors.

Upvote 0
I think your problemn is because you are deleting rows entirely with this line. :
Code:
This will cause the Ref errors. I suggest you change this to clearcontents, then it should avoid the ref errors.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, it kinda worked. I tried the following as you suggested

Code:
    Sheets("DATA").Range("A" & firstRow & ":A" & LastRow).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRow.ClearContents

So the ref error problem is solved.

Now the problem is that the previous code allowed me data import while excluding the blank rows from input files. But now that feature is gone! I would like to exclude the blank rows from input ranges.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rache47

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back