I need help with a macro

KWAMELLH

I work for Capital One as an account auditor, I get sheets of customer name, phone #s, and account numbers. What I need to do is make a sheet with ONLY account numbers and phone numbers. Most of the time there are many numbers on the account and I only need the last number or column F

Example:

55243583 813-000-1234 813-200-3322 813-333-6622 813-555-5545 813-666-2525

The problem is, I only need the last number dialed which can be anywhere between column b-f. Sometimes my accounts do not convert correctly so the sheet may have moved the numbers over, see example 2:

55243583 813-200-3322 813-333-6622 813-555-5545 813-666-2525

When this happens, i need it to replace B with C-F depending on when the LAST number is. Sometimes the last number is in C. Then I need to to remove all other numbers so it would give me something like example 3:

55243583 813-666-2525

So basically if B is blank then replace with C-F(whereever the last number falls) and clear C-F after replacing B. If B is not blank then it will still be replaced with the last number dial from columns C-F.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I go through literally 20,000 accounts daily and i have been cutting the last number, replacing C, and clearing the cells. This is very dangerous because I am human and WILL make mistakes or lose place of what I just cut.

Please help me!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
is there any way you could show what the format looks like in the spreed sheet. high light the cells you need to change... 1's and 0's are good i dont need any account numbers :) lol

Upvote 0
Try this on a copy of your file before you try it on the original. Data deleted by code cannot be recovered with the undo command. This procedure should look at column C and if column C is not blank, then it will look for the last column in that row with data and will replace the data in Column B with the data from the last column of the row.

Code:
Sub lastNumb()
Dim sh As Worksheet, lr As Long, rng As Range, c As Range, lc As Long
Set sh = Sheets(1) 'Edit sheet name
lr = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A" & lr)
For Each c In rng
If c.Offset(0, 2) <> "" Then
lc = sh.Cells(c.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
c.Offset(0, 1) = sh.Cells(c.Row, lc).Value
With sh
.Range(.Cells(c.Row, 3), .Cells(c.Row, lc)).ClearContents
End With
End If
Next
End Sub
Code:

Upvote 0
is there any way you could show what the format looks like in the spreed sheet. high light the cells you need to change... 1's and 0's are good i dont need any account numbers :) lol

cc9275e7.jpg

Upvote 0
I work for Capital One as an account auditor, I get sheets of customer name, phone #s, and account numbers. What I need to do is make a sheet with ONLY account numbers and phone numbers. Most of the time there are many numbers on the account and I only need the last number or column F

Example:

55243583 813-000-1234 813-200-3322 813-333-6622 813-555-5545 813-666-2525

The problem is, I only need the last number dialed which can be anywhere between column b-f. Sometimes my accounts do not convert correctly so the sheet may have moved the numbers over, see example 2:

55243583 813-200-3322 813-333-6622 813-555-5545 813-666-2525

When this happens, i need it to replace B with C-F depending on when the LAST number is. Sometimes the last number is in C. Then I need to to remove all other numbers so it would give me something like example 3:

55243583 813-666-2525

So basically if B is blank then replace with C-F(whereever the last number falls) and clear C-F after replacing B. If B is not blank then it will still be replaced with the last number dial from columns C-F.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I go through literally 20,000 accounts daily and i have been cutting the last number, replacing C, and clearing the cells. This is very dangerous because I am human and WILL make mistakes or lose place of what I just cut.

Please help me!
I also need to have the date column untouched by the macro... see the picture below and its the exact layout of how things are now and how I need the account # and phone to be. I did not bother showing an example of the date because after the macro i can simply move the column over. No biggie.
cc9275e7.jpg

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub GetTelNumber()Dim ShName As Worksheet, StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long, I As Integer, J As Integer, K As Integer
Set ShName = Sheets("YourSheetName") 'Edit sheet name
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
StartRow = 2  ' Change this if needed
EndRow = ShName.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For I = StartRow To EndRow
    For J = 6 To 3 Step -1
        If ShName.Cells(I, J) <> "" Then
            ShName.Cells(I, 2) = ShName.Cells(I, J)
'-----------------------------------------------------
'            For K = J To 3 Step -1
'                ShName.Cells(I, K).ClearContents
'            Next K
'            or
            ShName.Range(Cells(I, 3), Cells(I, J)).ClearContents
            Exit For
        End If
    Next J
Next I
Set ShName = Nothing
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0
Try this on a copy of your file before you try it on the original. Data deleted by code cannot be recovered with the undo command. This procedure should look at column C and if column C is not blank, then it will look for the last column in that row with data and will replace the data in Column B with the data from the last column of the row.

Code:
Sub lastNumb()
Dim sh As Worksheet, lr As Long, rng As Range, c As Range, lc As Long
Set sh = Sheets(1) 'Edit sheet name
lr = sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Set rng = sh.Range("A2:A" & lr)
For Each c In rng
If c.Offset(0, 2) <> "" Then
lc = sh.Cells(c.Row, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
c.Offset(0, 1) = sh.Cells(c.Row, lc).Value
With sh
.Range(.Cells(c.Row, 3), .Cells(c.Row, lc)).ClearContents
End With
End If
Next
End Sub
Code:

this code did work :biggrin: however it did not work on all cells. Excel should look at F first and if F is empty then look at E and it E is empty look at D... etc. bottom line, I need the number furthest right between columns B-F... although my example shows G, G is rarely every filled. The macro also should not touch the date, call type, and duration ( columns H-J). If you can get this to work for us you rock man!!!!

cc9275e7.jpg

Upvote 0
Code:
Sub GetTelNumber()Dim ShName As Worksheet, StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long, I As Integer, J As Integer, K As Integer
    For J = 6 To 3 Step -1
'            Next K
'            or
            Exit For
        End If
    Next J
Next I
Set ShName = Nothing

End Sub

Thanks for your quick reply; however, I'm getting a compile error: see the picture.
98d2c817.jpg

Upvote 0
Sub GetTelNumber()Dim ShName As Worksheet, StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long, I As Integer, J As Integer, K As IntegerSet ShName = Sheets("YourSheetName") 'Edit sheet nameApplication.ScreenUpdating = FalseStartRow = 2 ' Change this if neededEndRow = ShName.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).RowFor I = StartRow To EndRow For J = 6 To 3 Step -1 If ShName.Cells(I, J) <> "" Then ShName.Cells(I, 2) = ShName.Cells(I, J)'-----------------------------------------------------' For K = J To 3 Step -1' ShName.Cells(I, K).ClearContents' Next K' or ShName.Range(Cells(I, 3), Cells(I, J)).ClearContents'----------------------------------------------------- Exit For End If Next JNext ISet ShName = NothingApplication.ScreenUpdating = TrueEnd Sub</pre>

Upvote 0
Trying to paste once again ..

Code:
Sub GetTelNumber()

Dim ShName As Worksheet, StartRow As Long, EndRow As Long, I As Integer, J As Integer, K As Integer
    For J = 6 To 3 Step -1
'            Next K
'            or
            Exit For
        End If
    Next J
Next I
Set ShName = Nothing
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back