IF and FILTER function in formula

AuDHDtism

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Looking to filter data if in a specific range. I have a summary of chores chart. I have the first column to list type of chore either "Daily" or "Weekly". With daily chores B5:D29. With weekly chores F5:H29.

So my data from B5:D29 and F5:H29 were filtered and vstavcked into table "summary of chores" (S5:U29). There is a column labeled R5:R29 which I want it to return whether it is from the Daily Chore or weekly chore chart.
I am having a really hard time envisioning what exactly is in R5:R29.
Can you please show us a screen print of this range and S5:U29, so I can better understand what all this data looks like?
I think this would really clarify things for me.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
R5:R29 is a column with Sun on top meaning Sun is short for Sunday.and beside Sun is Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat all with chechboxes underneath.

Upvote 0
I am sorry, I cannot visualize what you are after. If you refuse to add any screen prints of your data and expected results, I don't think I can help you.

You do not need the XL2BB tool to post screen prints - you can simply take a screen print or any other image tool to get the image and then paste it here.
I do not use XL2BB myself (company security won't let me download/install it on my laptop), so I just use the "Snip & Sketch" app that comes with all Windows computers.
I imagine that Macs should have something similar.

Upvote 0
I have insert a link hopefully this can help to sholw you what I am looking for. Thank you for you continued support and patience.

Upvote 0
I don't see any sheet posted at all. Do you see any images in your post?
If you truly have an image, you should just be able to use Copy/Paste to paste it to your posts.

Upvote 0
Daily ChoresWeekly ChoresActivate on specific daysSummary of Chores
AreaChoreTimeAreaChoreTimeSunMonTueWedThuFriSatTypeAreaChoreTime
JbedroomMake Bed8:00 AMPetsEmpty/Fill LitterTRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEJbedroomMake Bed8:00:00 AM
PetsFill Water Bowl8:10 AMBathroomClean VanityFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsFill Water Bowl8:10:00 AM
PetsClean Litter8:20 AMBathroomClean ToiletFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsClean Litter8:20:00 AM
PetsFeed Pets8:30 AMBathroomVacummFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsFeed Pets8:30:00 AM
KitchenWipe counters8:45 AMBathroomSwifterFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenWipe counters8:45:00 AM
KitchenEmpty Diswaher9:00 AMLaundryVacuumFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenEmpty Diswaher9:00:00 AM
KitchenFill Diswasher9:00 AMLaundrySwifterFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenFill Diswasher9:00:00 AM
OfficeVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsEmpty/Fill Litter12:00:00 AM
OfficeSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEBathroomClean Vanity12:00:00 AM
JbedroomVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEBathroomClean Toilet12:00:00 AM
JbedroomClear off dressersFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEBathroomVacumm12:00:00 AM
LivingClean off Coffee TableFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEBathroomSwifter12:00:00 AM
LivingVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSELaundryVacuum12:00:00 AM
LivingSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSELaundrySwifter12:00:00 AM
LivingFebreeze CouchFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEOfficeVacuum12:00:00 AM
KitchenVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEOfficeSwifter12:00:00 AM
KitchenSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEJbedroomVacuum12:00:00 AM
KitchenTake out Trash/RecyclingTRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEJbedroomClear off dressers12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingClean off Coffee Table12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingVacuum12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingSwifter12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingFebreeze Couch12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenVacuum12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenSwifter12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenTake out Trash/Recycling12:00:00 AM

Upvote 0
Looking to fill in the Type of chore in the summary of chore chart. So if summary of chore chart=Daily Chores, I want Daily in the Type of chore, however, if from weekly chore chart i want it as "Weekly"

Daily ChoresWeekly ChoresActivate on specific daysSummary of Chores
AreaChoreTimeAreaChoreTimeSunMonTueWedThuFriSatTypeAreaChoreTime
JbedroomMake Bed8:00 AMPetsEmpty/Fill LitterTRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSE#SPILL!JbedroomMake Bed8:00:00 AM
PetsFill Water Bowl8:10 AMBathroomClean VanityFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsFill Water Bowl8:10:00 AM
PetsClean Litter8:20 AMBathroomClean ToiletFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsClean Litter8:20:00 AM
PetsFeed Pets8:30 AMBathroomVacummFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsFeed Pets8:30:00 AM
KitchenWipe counters8:45 AMBathroomSwifterFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenWipe counters8:45:00 AM
KitchenEmpty Diswaher9:00 AMLaundryVacuumFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenEmpty Diswaher9:00:00 AM
KitchenFill Diswasher9:00 AMLaundrySwifterFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenFill Diswasher9:00:00 AM
OfficeVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEPetsEmpty/Fill Litter12:00:00 AM
OfficeSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEBathroomClean Vanity12:00:00 AM
JbedroomVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEBathroomClean Toilet12:00:00 AM
JbedroomClear off dressersFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEBathroomVacumm12:00:00 AM
LivingClean off Coffee TableFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEBathroomSwifter12:00:00 AM
LivingVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSELaundryVacuum12:00:00 AM
LivingSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSELaundrySwifter12:00:00 AM
LivingFebreeze CouchFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEFALSEOfficeVacuum12:00:00 AM
KitchenVacuumFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEOfficeSwifter12:00:00 AM
KitchenSwifterFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSETRUEFALSEJbedroomVacuum12:00:00 AM
KitchenTake out Trash/RecyclingTRUEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEJbedroomClear off dressers12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingClean off Coffee Table12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingVacuum12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingSwifter12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSELivingFebreeze Couch12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenVacuum12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenSwifter12:00:00 AM
FALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEFALSEKitchenTake out Trash/Recycling12:00:00 AM

Upvote 0
I am sorry, without seeing any of the column or row headers, or what your current formulas are and where they are located, and then what you expect to see where, I cannot really make heads or tails of this at all. There is just not enough detail here for me to help on a question of this complexity.

I think I am going to have to bow out here. Maybe someone else will come along and offer some assistance.
Best of luck.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back