IF and FILTER function in formula

AuDHDtism

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Looking to filter data if in a specific range. I have a summary of chores chart. I have the first column to list type of chore either "Daily" or "Weekly". With daily chores B5:D29. With weekly chores F5:H29.

Well, thanks fornyour help. All you hadto do was move the headers so they are above the data.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Well, thanks fornyour help. All you hadto do was move the headers so they are above the data.
Probably would have been pretty evident if we had access to the sheet where we could see exactly what was data, what was formula, and how they all interact.
Those things are often very evident when you can see all that detail.
It can be very difficult to help when you don't have that at your disposal.

Anyway, glad you got it working now.

Upvote 0
Dailyv Chore would be Area, Chore, Time, then header of Weekjly chores with areaz, chore, time. then Sun-Sat wouyld be activate on which days where checkboxe\s are. with finally summary of c hores. with headers type (where im looking to put in whether it is Daily or Weekly.

Upvote 0
I posted the sheet as the app XL2BB DOESN'T WORK FOR MY SYSTEM.

For me it would seem evident to move the headers over a bit so the sheet could make sense to you!

Upvote 0
I havenot gotten the problem fixed. So why did you say I'm glad you fguredn it out?

I still needc a formula.

Upvote 0
First screenshot is Summary of Chores and secong screen shot is Daily and Weekly chores.
I want under type in summary of chores to be whether the data is from the Daily or Weekly chart

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.03.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.03.32 PM.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.05.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 5.05.11 PM.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
So why did you say I'm glad you fguredn it out?
I thought that is what you meant when you said this:

All you hadto do was move the headers so they are above the data.

As I have seen in your other posts, other people are having problems trying to help you also (or at least it take longer than it should to figure it out). They key is to make it easy for people to help you by posting what you need, and you haven't been doing that. Problems of a more complex nature need more detail. Here is a good link on how to post a good, complete question: Guidelines

As it is, none of your screen prints really show me what I have been asking for. So I will try this one more time. The only way that I am going to be able to help you at this point is if you provide ALL (and not just "some") of the things I list below:

1. A sample of what your initial data/formulas looks like
2. A sample of that you want the output from the data sample above looks like (expected output from your sample data above in item 1)
3. Items 1 and 2 above posted either:
- using the XL2BB tool so we can see all data, formulas, and row and column headers
OR
- if not able to use XL2BB, post your file to a file sharing site (like DropBox, OneDrive, etc) and provide a link so we can download a copy of your file to see for ourselves

Without ALL of those three things, I don't think I can help you with this problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DEWS2031

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back