If equations with Vlookups

MR_TJC

Hi all I have three worksheets…one called communications, one called entertainment, and the final one data.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
In the data tab I will have a column that is tagged either communications or entertainment for each row. Without using a macro I am wondering if the following is possible.
<o:p></o:p>
To have a If command with a Vlookup in the communications tab that will look at the corresponding line in the data tab and if its entertainment do nothing but if its communications put the corresponding data from the vlookup. And vice versa for the entertainment worksheet if its communications ignore it but if its entertainment complete the vlookup and report.
<o:p></o:p>
If however you can think of a different way of doing it without a macro that’s cool as well.

Thanks for the help.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Sounds like advanced filter might be more what you are looking for. It will move all lines and the fields you choose to the communication sheet and the entertainment sheet based on the column in the data sheet.

However, not knowing the total layout I am not sure you want else, if anything, you have on the communication and entertainment sheets

Upvote 0
THere is nothing in the other two sheets.

The data tab is data that will be from an external source that will be added too daily. The last column is a if statement to get wether the row is communications or entertainment.

If the line is communications I want the data to go to the communicatiosn worksheet but if its entertainment I want it to go to the entertainment sheet. I want the data to populate the next available line.

WHat we have right now is one worksheet for both e and c that we use the =data( and cell number) for each cell of data we want to copy over.

IE Name, address phone
Name =data(Cell A1)
etc

And then the next line reads
Name =data(cell a2)

so if we split the worksheets we will not be able to use this report from another cell function and hence want to copy the data from the data tab to the correct worksheets. We want to avoid Macros if at all possible.

Sounds like advanced filter might be more what you are looking for. It will move all lines and the fields you choose to the communication sheet and the entertainment sheet based on the column in the data sheet.

However, not knowing the total layout I am not sure you want else, if anything, you have on the communication and entertainment sheets

Upvote 0
If that is the case then advanced filter will do what you want. You can have the data you are filtering placed on another worksheet. Then each day update the filters to pull from the data tab.

If you need help on it you can send me your spreadsheet or read about advanced filter under "help"

THere is nothing in the other two sheets.

The data tab is data that will be from an external source that will be added too daily. The last column is a if statement to get wether the row is communications or entertainment.

If the line is communications I want the data to go to the communicatiosn worksheet but if its entertainment I want it to go to the entertainment sheet. I want the data to populate the next available line.

WHat we have right now is one worksheet for both e and c that we use the =data( and cell number) for each cell of data we want to copy over.

IE Name, address phone
Name =data(Cell A1)
etc

And then the next line reads
Name =data(cell a2)

so if we split the worksheets we will not be able to use this report from another cell function and hence want to copy the data from the data tab to the correct worksheets. We want to avoid Macros if at all possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macro_learner

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back