IF ISBLANK Function help

cocks17

Hi Everyone

I dont know if its because I havnt used excel in a little while or because its late but i'm trying to write a formula that says IF Cell 1, 2 OR 3 is NOT blank then return the value of "1" but it doesnt seem to be working. I tried the below but only when something is in D10 does it return "1" and not when there is any value in F10 or H10.

=IF(D10=" "," ",IF(F10=" "," ",IF(H10=" "," ",1)))

Any help?

Thanks
Paul

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Maybe

=IF(COUNTA(D10,F10,H10), 1, "")

Upvote 0
Maybe:
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 311pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=414><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 311pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 7570" width=414><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d7e4bc; WIDTH: 311pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" id=td_post_2661976 class=xl63 height=20 width=414>=IF(OR(D10="",F10="",H10=""),"",1)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0
Nope sorry that is not working either. Have you tested it your end to see if you put any value atall in D10 or F10 or H10 if A10 changes to "1" ?

Thanks
Paul

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone

I dont know if its because I havnt used excel in a little while or because its late but i'm trying to write a formula that says IF Cell 1, 2 OR 3 is NOT blank then return the value of "1" but it doesnt seem to be working. I tried the below but only when something is in D10 does it return "1" and not when there is any value in F10 or H10.

=IF(D10=" "," ",IF(F10=" "," ",IF(H10=" "," ",1)))

Any help?

Thanks
Paul

If anyone was interested the answer to this problem is:

=IF(AND(D10="",F10="",H10="")," ","1")

This returns "1" if any or all of the cells (D10, F10 or H10) have a value in them.

Thanks
Paul

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back