IF statement - pull data based on criteria

Nikhil R

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi team,

I need some help a little bit. Trying various methods to pull data from one table onto another table in another sheet.

For example, one Column has Interested as a header, and if Yes - to pull candidate name into another table that's on another sheet with the same header under candidate name and vice versa for post code number and email address.

If it's not clear, please let me know :)

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Not fully got your query

Do you want something like?

Book2
ABCDEFGHI
1Table1Table2
2NameCodeEmailPull infoNameCodeEmail
3AA123Email1YesCC456
4BB234Email2NoB 
5CC456Email3Yes
Sheet4
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G3:G4G3=IF(VLOOKUP(F3,$A$3:$D$5,4,0)="yes",VLOOKUP(F3,$A$3:$D$5,2,0),"")

Upvote 0
Can you post some sample data showing what you have & what you want.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Not fully got your query

Do you want something like?

Book2
ABCDEFGHI
1Table1Table2
2NameCodeEmailPull infoNameCodeEmail
3AA123Email1YesCC456
4BB234Email2NoB 
5CC456Email3Yes
Sheet4
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
G3:G4G3=IF(VLOOKUP(F3,$A$3:$D$5,4,0)="yes",VLOOKUP(F3,$A$3:$D$5,2,0),"")
Apologies,

Something like this. So on the interested candidates sheet, if the interested column is "Yes", then i'd like to have the candidate name; post code; number and email address automatically inputted onto the candidate tracker sheet for the relevant columns

Attachments

• Interested Candidates.PNG
    Interested Candidates.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Candidate Tracker.PNG
    Candidate Tracker.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Can you post some sample data showing what you have & what you want.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.
Ah yeah I'm not able to due to using a work laptop & can't download anything unfortunately

Upvote 0
Will canditates ever bee removed from the 1st sheet, the data ever be sorted or the Interested ever be changed from Yes to No (or vice versa)?

Upvote 0
Will canditates ever bee removed from the 1st sheet, the data ever be sorted or the Interested ever be changed from Yes to No (or vice versa)?
Candidates could potentially be changed from Yes to No, and vice versa.
I'll be turning the candidates red / green should they be interested or not respectively or rejected during the qualification call which I know how to do

Upvote 0
Candidates could potentially be changed from Yes to No, and vice versa.
In that case any data you put in the 2nd table will get messed up, as it may not be in the correct row.

Upvote 0
In that case any data you put in the 2nd table will get messed up, as it may not be in the correct row.
Yeah i thought about that, let's keep it simple for now and I'll see as i go along. if need be i can just manually re-add candidates again but for now our qualification is always good on the first instance.

so just if interested column is yes, then the like for like details on candidate tracker automatically inputted

Upvote 0
Removed as formula was wrong

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back