IF statement - pull data based on criteria

Nikhil R

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi team,

I need some help a little bit. Trying various methods to pull data from one table onto another table in another sheet.

For example, one Column has Interested as a header, and if Yes - to pull candidate name into another table that's on another sheet with the same header under candidate name and vice versa for post code number and email address.

If it's not clear, please let me know :)

For this to work you will need to convert the 2nd table into a normal range. Also change Table1 to the name of the 1st table
Excel Formula:
=CHOOSECOLS(FILTER(Table1,Table1[Interested?]="yes"),MATCH(B3:E3,Table1[#Headers],0))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
For this to work you will need to convert the 2nd table into a normal range. Also change Table1 to the name of the 1st table
Excel Formula:
=CHOOSECOLS(FILTER(Table1,Table1[Interested?]="yes"),MATCH(B3:E3,Table1[#Headers],0))
Amazing!

Thank you man, and say if i add a new entry in table 1 on interested candidates - normally i put in the $ sign so it automatically adds and separates - where would i put that in?

Upvote 0
Amazing!

Thank you man, and say if i add a new entry in table 1 on interested candidates - normally i put in the $ sign so it automatically adds and separates - where would i put that in?
So it automatically adds an entry onto the second table with the data

Upvote 0
So it automatically adds an entry onto the second table with the data
That's the idea & if you change a Yes to a No that entry will be removed from the formula.

Upvote 0
That's the idea & if you change a Yes to a No that entry will be removed from the formula.
Yeah that's great, it works. Thank you Fluff

but if i was to add another entry on "interested candidates" table - I'm playing around with it so it automatically adds onto the candidate track but can't seem to find a way for this for multiple entries

Upvote 0
Not sure what you are saying. The formula will automatically find any entries in the table that have Yes

Upvote 0
Not sure what you are saying. The formula will automatically find any entries in the table that have Yes
Yeah apologies - I'm going to add a list so it notifies us to enter a value in that field as as you can tell i have a memory like a fish! Thanks again Fluff

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
I'm wanting to auto populate the A6 through to E6 columns on "Onboarding Track" from the "Candidate Track sheet" - IF the "Candidate Decision" on Candidate Track Sheet is set to "Candidate Accepted" . I've been tinkering and playing around with formula's and the one from previous but i'm assuming because the table from "Candidate Track" has now been turned into normal range - it isn't working. Even tried IF statements too.

Attachments

• Candidate Tracker.PNG
    Candidate Tracker.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Onboarding Track.PNG
    Onboarding Track.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
=FILTER('Canditate Track'!A6:E100,'Canditate Track'!K6:K100="Candidate Accepted")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back