IF statement with multiple parameters and overwriting cell values in separate sheet

ave10

Board Regular
Hello,

I have a scenario/idea I would like to try but honestly, I am not good enough with VBA to get it done in a reasonable time. I'm aware this isn't a "Code for me" site but I thought I'd describe the scenario as detailed as I can and see if someone can help me or give me an idea of how I can translate it into VBA.

In a workbook I have, users either manually enter an account code or select one from a list and the account codes are placed in column C (C7:C446) in a sheet called "JE". The account codes look like this #######-###-##-######. In column D, there is a formula that captures the last 6 digits of the account code.

So, I'd like to write: In a sheet titled "JE", IF the F column cells (F7:F446) interior color is red AND the value in the D column cell (of the same row) equals a value listed in sheet "required_refs", put the value in the D cell of sheet "JE" inside cell D1 in sheet "reference".

example:
if cell F25 has an interior color of red, AND the value of D25 matches any of the values listed in column A of sheet "required_refs", upon double clicking the F25, put the value of D25 on sheet "JE", and put it in cell D1 on sheet "references"

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim project As Range: Set project = Range("D7:D446")

For Each cell In project
        If project.Value = Worksheets("required_refs").Range("A:A").Value Then
        Call gotoRef_ 'macro that simply selects/navigates to the required_ref sheet
        'here I would like to replace the value in cell D1 of sheet "references" with the value of the active row's column D value
End Sub

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciate. Thanks so much!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Iv'e updated my code a bit:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim project As Range: Set project = Range("D7:D446")
    Dim param As Range:    Set param = Worksheets("references").Range("D1").Value

For Each cell In project
        If project.Value = Worksheets("required_refs").Range("A:A").Value Then
        Call gotoRef_ 'macro that simply selects/navigates to the required_ref sheet
        project.Value = param
        End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back