IF Statement

BeckaB

I am trying to do an if statement based on another if statement:

So if someone is In a team I want the formula to do another If statement based on this. Below is my current formula:

=IF(C2<54%,"1",IF(C2>=80%,"2","3"))

But I need to repeat this if statement 3 times as I have 3 teams with different %'s

So almost =IF(B2="Team1" then do the above, if it is team 2 do IF(C2<59%,"1",IF(C2>=90%,"2","3")) and so on

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Make a table with three columns, "Team", "Threshold1", and "Threshold2", and 3 rows, one for each Team. For example purposes, name the 9 cells in the table as a named range "TeamThresholdValues".

Use the first column in your table as the validation range for cell B2.

Put the following formula in cell D2, and you will have the answer you are looking for:

=if(C2<vlookup(B2,TeamThesholdValues,2,FALSE),1,if(C2>=vlookup(B2,TeamThresholdValues,3,FALSE),2,3)

Upvote 0
I made an error in my formula, here is what I meant to write:

=IF(C2<vlookup(b2,teamthresholdvalues,2,false),1,if(c2>=VLOOKUP(B2,TeamThresholdValues,3,FALSE),2,3))</vlookup(b2,teamthresholdvalues,2,false),1,if(c2>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
=IF(C2><vlookup(b2,teamthesholdvalues,2,false),1,if(c2>VLOOKUP(B2,TeamThresholdValues,2,FALSE),1,IF(C2>=(VLOOKUP(B2,TeamThresholdValues,3,FALSE),2,3))
</vlookup(b2,teamthesholdvalues,2,false),1,if(c2>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...Except the first part should say

Code:
=IF(C2<VLOOKUP

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having great difficulty with the code editor today. I have not had this problem in the past. I apologize to any that have been inconvenienced.

I am trying to say the first operator should have been a less than sign, not a greater than sign.

Wow...

Upvote 0
Hi, the vlookup won't work as I don't want to have a list of the % I need it to see if it is < or >= to a % so it needs to be an IF statement

Upvote 0
Hi fracinDean

Whenever you use the < or > sign in a post, make sure it has a space before and after it - otherwise the forum tries to interpret it as a piece of html.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much jmacleary

Code:
IF(B2="Team1",IF(C2 < 0.54,1,IF(C2 > =0.8,2,3),IF(B2="Team2",IF(C2 < 0.59,1,IF(C2 > = 0.90,2,3),IF(C2 < 0.65,1,IF(C2 > = 0.95,2,3))))))

I hope I counted all the parentheses correctly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back