Iferror and vblookup with two differnent names

dalypen

All the Data are in the same worksheet. Column A of Sheet1 Has all the College Names and data that come from a web Query and is populated automatic. I have 5 rows of data B-H that is calculated in column I From the Web Query.
Now Column P of Sheet1 has College Name that comes from Sheet7 that are mismatch so what i have is column P would show Iowa State but Column A would have Iowa St. The Formula is in Column Q is where i match =IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!I:I,MATCH(P:P,Sheet1!A:A,0))," ") so some colleges has no data because of the different name type. I tried a few formula but neither work.
example Idaho State comes from Sheet7 and the data in Column Q comes from Idaho St. Sheet1. Any easy formula for this?? Thanks

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi, this type of request is pretty common on Mr Excel, and comes about because things like name and address data are often handled differently in different places.

In my opinion the only sure way to deal with this is to clean up the data itself so that it is all consistent.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parkjun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back