Import data from specific Excel cells into specific Website text boxes

LuckyLuciana

Hi everyone,

Just a general question as i've found alot of information regarding importing from a website into an Excel spreadsheet but nothing on the reverse.

I have a spreadsheet I input information into (accounting) to ensure my work balances. Once it does, i'd like to automate the task of importing this data (think: financial statement Balance Sheet) into a website I use within our company.

Is this possible to cross from Excel to a website; Or only the other way around?

Any insight appreciated!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Hi,

The method I use is to export the sheet with the data on as a web page, in the publish settings you can set it to auto update the published version of the spreadsheet each time you save the workbook. The save location is set to the location of the network drive - which is then published to an internal server. I can then use that address of the published worksheet to insert into the company site via an iFrame module.

Hope that helps give you and idea of how it could be done. Let me know if you want full details of this method.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Drakena

I'm very interested in knowing more about this! I have gotten as far in your instructions to publish the data as a website and now i'm unsure about the iFrame Module, is this like a macro but in HTML?

Really appeciate your time on this!

LL

Upvote 0
Hi Lucky,

The iFrame is a HTML module that you can use on your website to pull in data from another page: HTML iframe tag

I save my exported WebPage from Excel to an internal server which then gives it the http:// address which I then format and display on my site using the iFrame functionality that is available on my site content manager. (As I deal with sensitive data this is the best way I have found to do this so the whole workbook isn't saved public anywhere and only the summary sheet is available where I need it on whichever page is required for the data on the intranet.)

Does this make sense?

No worries, happy to lend a hand when I can.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back