IMPOSSIBLE Scheduling of teachers duties

Brutium

Board Regular
Good Day all. Since schools is about to start, I thought that I should create a spreadsheet in order to schedule my teachers in the various yard duties throughout the day. What I would like to accomplish is schedule about 25 teachers to cover yard duties. The various duties are as follows: Bus duties 3 at 8:30, 3 at 12:00, 3 at 1:00 and 3 at 3:45 (each duty MUST not be longer than 15 minutes). At Morning Recess time, Lunch time and Afternoon Recess time, I will have 6 areas to be covered. The total is about 18 duties to be covered each day. (The number of duties could be increased or decreased if necessary). Teachers might have special requests, such as not being able to cover certain duties because they might be coaching sport teams, in which case certain duties will have to be omitted for that particular teacher. EVERYTHING must be fair so that at the end of the scholastic year everyone would have served the same number of duties. Is this not an IMPOSSIBLE spreadsheet? Any help on were to start??????

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi, I think I have a way of doing this... I will look into it and get back to you soon, in the mean time, can you please let me know what the current 6 duties are for the recess and lunch times? Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi, I think I have a way of doing this... I will look into it and get back to you soon, in the mean time, can you please let me know what the current 6 duties are for the recess and lunch times? Thanks

Hello Daniellel,
I a school there are many duties that I teacher is expected to perform. One such duty is supervising the arrival of busses, supervising the school yard during recess time , or supervising the lunch room. During these supervisions there might be more than one teacher dependin on the size of the school, the number of students and other factors. the process is repeated in the afternoon using dfifferent teachers.

To answer your question, at Lunch time there are usually (and this might vary) three teachers supervising the lunch room, and after 20 minutes or so there would be three other teachers supervising the school yard, one in the Primary yard, the other in the Junior yard and the third in the Intermediate yard.

I hope this helps...

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back