INDEX and MATCH for MAX value of non-adjacent range in seperate sheet

MMndolo

Hi

I'm having some problems and was hoping I might get some help here having come up with nothing from searching the forum

I want to return the text string in a the Cell to the left of the highest value cell in a non-adjacent range from another worksheet to the one where I'm entering the formula

I've tried using the unweildy forumla below

<colgroup><col width="247"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
=INDEX((Quality Checks'!B21,'Quality Checks'!B24,'Quality Checks'!B27,'Quality Checks'!B30,'Quality Checks'!B33),MATCH(MAX((Quality Checks'!C21,'Quality Checks'!C24,'Quality Checks'!C27,'Quality Checks'!C30,'Quality Checks'!C33)),(Quality Checks'!C21,'Quality Checks'!C24,'Quality Checks'!C27,'Quality Checks'!C30,'Quality Checks'!C33),0))

and

=INDEX(Quality Checks'!B3,'Quality Checks'!B6,'Quality Checks'!B9,'Quality Checks'!B12,'Quality Checks'!B15,MATCH(MAX(Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15),Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15,0))

both of which produce this error

eizbqn

For context this is the sheet that I'm referenceing

esASwS

As it contain's hidden rows the range is non-adjacent, in the summary sheet I'm trying to build I've got one collumn showing the highest and lowest Score for each month and I want the next colllumn to return the actual Incident Ref.

Any help much appreciated

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
First post and my images fail

Hi

I'm having some problems and was hoping I might get some help here having come up with nothing from searching the forum

I want to return the text string in a the Cell to the left of the highest value cell in a non-adjacent range from another worksheet to the one where I'm entering the formula

I've tried using the unweildy forumla below

<tbody>
</tbody>
=INDEX((Quality Checks'!B21,'Quality Checks'!B24,'Quality Checks'!B27,'Quality Checks'!B30,'Quality Checks'!B33),MATCH(MAX((Quality Checks'!C21,'Quality Checks'!C24,'Quality Checks'!C27,'Quality Checks'!C30,'Quality Checks'!C33)),(Quality Checks'!C21,'Quality Checks'!C24,'Quality Checks'!C27,'Quality Checks'!C30,'Quality Checks'!C33),0))

and

=INDEX(Quality Checks'!B3,'Quality Checks'!B6,'Quality Checks'!B9,'Quality Checks'!B12,'Quality Checks'!B15,MATCH(MAX(Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15),Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15,0))

both of which produce this error

excell_error.jpg

For context this is the sheet that I'm referenceing

Checkspic.jpg

As it contain's hidden rows the range is non-adjacent, in the summary sheet I'm trying to build I've got one collumn showing the highest and lowest Score for each month and I want the next colllumn to return the actual Incident Ref.

Any help much appreciated

Upvote 0
In A1 of Sheet1 control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(INDEX('Quality Checks'!$B$21:$B$33,SMALL(IF(IF(MOD(ROW('Quality Checks'!$C$21:$C$33)-ROW('Quality Checks'!$C$21),3)=0,
    'Quality Checks'!$C$21:$C$33)=MAX('Quality Checks'!$C$21:$C$33),ROW('Quality Checks'!$C$21:$C$33)-ROW('Quality Checks'!$C$21)+1),
    ROWS($A$1:A1))),"")

Upvote 0
I've tried this in both the Sheet I have named 'Qualty scores' where I want to build the summary and also in a new 'sheet1' to test and it does not appear to produce any results not sure what I'm doing wrong

my summary sheet at the moment look's like this with row 3 displaying the formual used above

Period
Average Score
Best Score
Reference
Worst Score
Reference
January
31%
50%
0%
Formuala
='Quality Checks'!C18
=MAX('Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15)
=MIN('Quality Checks'!C3,'Quality Checks'!C6,'Quality Checks'!C9,'Quality Checks'!C12,'Quality Checks'!C15)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
I have crafted that formula using the refereces the non-working formulas you have forwarded in your original post.

The formula looks at the data located in the sheet Quality Checks. It's implemented in A1 of Sheet1.

Upvote 0
I've tried entering this into A1 of Sheet1 using control+shift+enter and nothing is displayed in any of the cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back