Index Arrays

Az566

Hi, I am looking to create an index array. the conditions for the array are based on drop down menus. I want to have it that if the drop down menu has * in it, the array should calculate everything rather than a specific value.

={IF(ROWS(I$14:I14)>$H$7,"",

IFERROR(INDEX('Sheet1'!$C:$C,SMALL(IF(('Sheet1'!$T:$T=Sheet2!$H$2)*('Sheet1'!$U:$U=Sheet2!$I$2)*('Sheet1'!$L:$L>0),ROW('Sheet1'!$T:$T)),

ROWS(I$14:I14))),"")}

In the SMALL array I have three conditions:

1.'Sheet1'!$T:$T=Sheet2!$H$2
2. 'Sheet1'!$U:$U=Sheet2!$I$2
3. 'Sheet1'!$L:$L>0

The array works fine but only if I place an actual value in the drop down cells which are H2, I2. The third condition is just to ensure it only calculates the array for rows that have numbers above 0. My question is how can I amend it so that selecting "*" in the drop down cells will calculate for everything?

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi
Welcome to the board

This will get you to match conditions 1 and 2 if the respective dropdowns are "*"

IFERROR(INDEX('Sheet1'!$C:$C,SMALL(IF((('Sheet1'!$T:$T=Sheet2!$H$2)+('Sheet1'!$T:$T="*"))*(('Sheet1'!$U:$U=Sheet2!$I$2)+('Sheet1'!$U:$U="*"))*('Sheet1'!$L:$L>0),ROW('Sheet1'!$T:$T))

Upvote 0
Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks also for the formula but it doesn't seem to work. Now it calculates it when "*" is selected but doesn't return any results. The full formula is:

=IF(ROWS(I$14:I14)>$H$7,"",

IFERROR(INDEX('Lifetime'!$C:$C,SMALL(IF((('Lifetime'!$T:$T=Summary!$H$2)+('Lifetime'!$T:$T="*"))*(('Lifetime'!$U:$U=Summary!$I$2)+('Lifetime'!$U:$U="*"))*('Lifetime'!$L:$L>0),ROW('Lifetime'!$T:$T)),

ROWS(I$14:I14))),""))

Upvote 0
Hi

Sorry, you have to test if the value in the dropdown is "*"

=IF(ROWS(I$14:I14)>$H$7,"",

IFERROR(INDEX('Lifetime'!$C:$C,SMALL(IF((('Lifetime'!$T:$T=Summary!$H$2)+(Summary!$H$2="*"))*(('Lifetime'!$U:$U=Summary!$I$2)+(Summary!$I$2="*"))*('Lifetime'!$L:$L>0),ROW('Lifetime'!$T:$T)),

ROWS(I$14:I14))),""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back