Index, Match and IF Statement Help-

gsd217

Hello I am having issues with the following:

I have two data sets. Both contain transactions and neither have unique values. Data set 1 contains Truck, and Toll Transaction Date/Time. Data set 2 contains Truck, Order Number, Dispatch Date/Time, and Empty Date/Time.

I am attempting to index the Order Number from Data set 2 if the criteria is met in Data set 1. For example:

=INDEX(Order Number, Match(IF(AND(Truck(Data Set 1)=Truck(Data Set 2), Toll Transaction Date/Time>Dispatch Date/Time, Toll Transaction Date/Time< Empty Date/Time),0)

I am not sure if this is close, but logically in order to index the order number, I would have to ensure that the "IF" conditions are met?

Thank you in advance for the help!

The two sheets are "Data" and "PrePass Data" Dataset 1 is in the "PrePass Data" sheet and Dataset 2 is in the "Data" sheet. For Datasheet 1, Truck is in column H, Transaction date/time is in column S and order is now in column U. For the "Data" worksheet, Truck is in column AA, Order Number is in column A, Dispatch Date/Time is in column D and Empty date/time is in column F.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I helper column is a column you use to put calcs in that will help simplify doing what you want. So in this case, maybe do a test to pull out only those rows that have a matching Order number, then use that column for the rest of the calc?

I think it might help if you show a sample of all your data, as well as what you expect

Upvote 0
Okay, I believe this will work for you. I've set it up based on the column values you gave me, so I don't think it will need any editing. Try this out and see if it works for you. Let me know if it needs any more work. Good luck!

Code:
Sub OrderNumber()
    Dim r As Range, Truck, FirstAddress$, wsPP As Worksheet, wsData As Worksheet

Set wsPP = Sheets("PrePass Data")
    Set wsData = Sheets("Data")

Range(wsPP.Cells(2, 21), wsPP.Cells(Rows.Count, 21).End(xlUp).Offset(1)).ClearContents
    For Each r In Range(wsPP.Cells(2, 8), wsPP.Cells(Rows.Count, 8).End(xlUp))
        With Range(wsData.Cells(2, 27), wsData.Cells(Rows.Count, 27).End(xlUp))
            Set Truck = .Find(What:=r, LookAt:=xlWhole)
            If Not Truck Is Nothing Then
                FirstAddress = Truck.Address
                Do
                    If r.Offset(, 11) >= Truck.Offset(, -23) And r.Offset(, 11) <= Truck.Offset(, -21) Then
                        r.Offset(, 13) = Truck.Offset(, -26)
                    Else: Set Truck = .FindNext(Truck)
                    End If
                Loop While Not Truck Is Nothing And r.Offset(, 13) = "" And Truck.Address <> FirstAddress
            End If
            If r.Offset(, 13) = "" Then r.Offset(, 13) = 0
        End With
    Next r
End Sub

Upvote 0
If i understand you.........
Do you want to match and return value from other sheet? (Data set 2) if so index match is fine to you. i have little bit problem with language but i hope, i am able to solve your question with Formula only. Please attached your both sheet Sample file. so i can create a sample file.

Upvote 0
Edit: I thought the loop structure looked odd, so I took another look at it. In certain scenarios, it could get stuck in an infinite loop. Use this code instead of the original.

Code:
Sub OrderNumber()
    Dim r As Range, Truck, FirstAddress$, wsPP As Worksheet, wsData As Worksheet

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Set wsPP = Sheets("PrePass Data")
    Set wsData = Sheets("Data")

Range(wsPP.Cells(2, 21), wsPP.Cells(Rows.Count, 21).End(xlUp).Offset(1)).ClearContents
    For Each r In Range(wsPP.Cells(2, 8), wsPP.Cells(Rows.Count, 8).End(xlUp))
        With Range(wsData.Cells(1, 27), wsData.Cells(Rows.Count, 27).End(xlUp))
            Set Truck = .Find(What:=r, LookAt:=xlWhole)
            If Not Truck Is Nothing Then
                FirstAddress = Truck.Address
                Do
                    If r.Offset(, 11) >= Truck.Offset(, -23) And r.Offset(, 11) <= Truck.Offset(, -21) Then _
                        r.Offset(, 13) = Truck.Offset(, -26)
                    Set Truck = .FindNext(Truck)
                Loop While Not Truck Is Nothing And Truck.Address <> FirstAddress
            End If
            If r.Offset(, 13) = "" Then r.Offset(, 13) = 0
        End With
    Next r
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sorry about the mix-up, this should work better.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back