Index Match Array or Similar required

jthompson_25

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear all,

I have a data table of currency values, the top row contains all the currency pairings (GBP/EUR, EUR/USD etc). Whilst the columns on the LHS of the sheet contain information on the location and owner of the currency.

I am trying to write a formula capable of pulling out all the unique values in a row and transposing them into a list, once the list of numerical values is transposed I then wish to use these unique numerical values to pull out further information from my table.

So far I have tried {=INDEX(D5:T32,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($C$35:C35,D5:D32),0))} unfortunately this returns an N/A error I believe because my arrays are different sizes

In the image I am trying to pull out the orange figure and place it into the template (cells D38:39), once I have the orange figure in the template I can then use other formulas to pull values associated with this.

Thank you in advance for any help provided

Attachments

• Excel screenshot.png
    Excel screenshot.png
    28 KB · Views: 25

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Maybe something like this
Excel Formula:
=TRANSPOSE(UNIQUE(LET(arr,FILTER($D$5:$D$32,$C$5:$C$32=$D36),FILTER(arr,arr<>""))))
From your post, it is far from clear what you wish to transpose or which unique values should be pulled.

If you want a formula to create the entire bottom table from the top one then that is not transposing, it is total reorganisation which is not going to need multiple formulas to extract the correct details. Something that will need a usable data sample (one posted using XL2BB which you can download and install by clicking the link at the bottom of this reply rather than a screen capture which can not be used for testing formulas).

Upvote 0
Not sure if this can help, you can use the unique() function (e.g. in Cell A17) to create a unique list from A1:A15 and then use index/match to extract other info required

Book1
A
1A1
2A2
3A3
4A5
5A5
6B1
7B1
8B3
9B4
10B5
11C2
12C2
13C2
14C4
15C5
17A1
18A2
19A3
20A5
21B1
22B3
23B4
24B5
25C2
26C4
27C5
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A17:A27A17=UNIQUE(A1:A15)
Dynamic array formulas.

Upvote 0
Thanks Jason, please accept my apologies the original post was not clear. The unique values I want to pull are the numerical values so those highlighted in yellow in the latest screenshot

I tried UNIQUE and believe this could be the ideal solution however I cannot get it to work when my array spans $D$5:$T$32 and I wish to ignore all blanks and duplicate values.

I tried the below but receive a #Value error

=UNIQUE(FILTER($D$5:$T$32,$D$5:$T$32<>""))

Attachments

• Excel Screenshot 2.png
    Excel Screenshot 2.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 16
Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=LET(Rng,D5:T32,r,ROWS(Rng),s,SEQUENCE(r*COLUMNS(Rng),,0),I,INDEX(Rng,MOD(s,r)+1,INT(s/r)+1),UNIQUE(FILTER(I,I<>0)))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you, the above works perfectly

Separately which formula syntax would be helpful to pull the currency pair from row 2 (highlighted green) associated with each unique numerical value, index + match don't seem to work due to differing array sizes.

as an example -1921724.9 is associated with EURGBP

The formula I tried is below but this returns an N/A error

=INDEX(D2:T2,MATCH(E39,D5:T31,0))

please advise if cleaner to start a new thread

Attachments

• Excel Screenshot 3.png
    Excel Screenshot 3.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
If you had two values the same in different columns, which header should be returned?

Upvote 0
Ok, how about
Excel Formula:
=INDEX($D$2:$T$2,AGGREGATE(15,6,(COLUMN($D$2:$T$2)-COLUMN($D$2)+1)/($D$5:$T$32=E39),1))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelfromGermany

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back