KELLY
-CAT
CAT
AMY
-DOG
DOG

<tbody>
</tbody>
I'm trying to grasp index, match to work on a spread sheet. All of the other questions I find are not helping all that much.

Cells E/D (DOGS,CATS) is what I want the output to look like, I want to match all data in the C column to cell E1 (DOGS), and display the name.
Code:
{=INDEX($A$2:$C$5,MATCH($E$1,$C2:$C$5,0),1)}

Special-K99

1. Make your data consistent.
In the output change the column heading to DOG and CAT, not DOGS and CATS

2. in H2
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$5,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$2:$A$5)/(($C$2:$C$5=E$1)),ROWS(A$2:A2))-(2-1),1),"")
copy across and down for as many rows as you have names in column A (in this case down to row 5)

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Check the following data

Excel Workbook
ABCDEF
1NameTypeClean DataDOGCAT
2FRANK-DOGDOG JEFF
3JEFF-CATCATAMYKELLY
4KELLY-CATCAT
5AMY-DOGDOG
Hoja4

patrick_oneal

I utilized this code and was successful, thank you. What is i wanted to add another column for color and look for items that matched say “DOG & Brown?”

Special-K99

"I utlilized this code"
To whom are you referring, you have two answers but used only one solution?

Wiht "Brown" in column D
=IFERROR(INDEX($A$2:$A$5,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($A$2:$A$5)/(($C$2:$C$5=E$1)*(D$2:D$5="Brown"),ROWS(A$2:A2))-(2-1),1),"")

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
I utilized this code and was successful, thank you.
You're welcome.

If you present your idea of ​​how you have your data and how you want the results we could establish a formula.
Maybe, it would be better to use a pivot table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_Dubs

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...