INDEX MATCH MAX Formula

Bonnie Janes

Hi, I have a spreadsheet which logs service sheets, services carried out on certain dates, I need a look up page that looks at two criteria, "Discipline" & "Location", then returns the most recent date, as there will be several.
I also need a formula that will bring through all entries, once two criteria have been selected, this I've done before with a macro I think but there might be a formula that will do the same?
Yes, I know I can filter the whole thing to show me what I need, but I need to build something an idiot can operate! I was thinking macro buttons instead, but I know this is possible with INDEX MATCH, but I can't get the formula to work.
Can anyone help?

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Which version of Excel do you have? If you have the FILTER function available to you (Office 2021 or M365) then you can use that to return all matching entries.

Upvote 0
Which version of Excel do you have? If you have the FILTER function available to you (Office 2021 or M365) then you can use that to return all matching entries.
Hi Rory, it says Microsoft 365 MSO...
I know I can filter, but wanted to do with a formula. Could I filter then bring through to a summary viewing page...?

Upvote 0
FILTER is a function that you can use in a formula if you have 365. (I wasn't talking about the manual autofilter or advanced filter methods ;))

Upvote 0
it says Microsoft 365
Please add that to your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hokjock

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back