Interaction on Child IE Window

mitko007

Hi,

i'm trying to automate a download process using a macro. SO far i've got it to work good, but I'm struggling with the last bit of my code. Basically the code i have so far logs on to a website, adjust some parameters and then clicks download. The problem is that after i press download, a new IE window appears where i need to confirm the download by pressing YES. I do not know how to navigate (switch) to the new window.

Could someone help me with this issue please.

Thanks
Regards

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Two ways:

1. In a class module, declare the IE object WithEvents and trap the NewWindow2 event.

2. Loop through Shell.Windows looking for the IE window matching the required locationName, locationUrl, or document.title, etc.

Upvote 0
Two ways:

1. In a class module, declare the IE object WithEvents and trap the NewWindow2 event.

2. Loop through Shell.Windows looking for the IE window matching the required locationName, locationUrl, or document.title, etc.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Would it be possible to help me with some more detailed description since i'm not sure how exactly to proceed with the info you gave me.

BEst regards

Upvote 0
Have you searched for the terms mentioned? That should find many threads and example code on the subject.

Upvote 0
I found a similar example using the shell method. I tried to modify it for my code but i was getting an error message. I was more or less guessing since i'm not sure how exactly this option works.

Other than that i've done a lot of searching but didn't really succeed on finding something useful ;(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back