Interactive Scheduling Template/Macro

tinydancer

I am trying to build an hour by hour scheduling template that is interactive based on the start time, end time, lunch time and count inputs. I have attached a picture below illustrating what I would like the final results to look like. Essentially, I want to be able to input the shift start time, end time, lunch break and count and I want a row of numbers to auto fill along the template to populate the number of FTE's I'll have working that particular hour.

For example:
If somebody works 8 to 5 with a lunch break at 12. I want the number 1 to populate in each column from 8 through 4 (16) o'clock with the 12 hour populating a 0.5 to compensate for the 30 minute lunch break (assuming all lunches are 30 minutes). This can also be multiplied or divided depending on the count loaded. Same example as above let's say 2 people work that exact shift, then I would want the same cells to populate with the number 2 instead of 1 with the 12 hour being a 1 instead of 0.5. I am not really sure where/how to get started on building something like this. I'm assuming a macro will need to be built for these cells to handle multiple inputs. Any and all help appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• schedule template.JPG
    schedule template.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 11

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpm23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back