Is it possible to create a dynamic hyperlink or Macro

SteveC99

I am trying to create a dynamic hyperlink or Macro which looks at a cell reference in a cell and goes to that cell in a different tab in the same file.

EG
I have a Tab called "TB" with numerous GL Codes in col A. In Column F I have created the cell address. There is a tab for each code. I have looked up the tab to show the cell address from the "TB" Tab, so that it is a different ref on each tab.

I want to be able to set up either hyperlink or macro which is dynamic enough to go to appropriate cell on "TB" tab by clicking on own tab, saving users from having to find tab

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Try this... this assumes that the Tab Names/GL Codes are in Column A and start on Row 2... these are what will be made into your Hyperlinks

Code:
Sub Test()

Dim i As Integer, lastRow as Long

lastRow = Sheets("TB").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

i = 2

Do Until i > lastRow

Sheets("TB").Hyperlinks.Add anchor:=Cells(i, 1), Address:="", SubAddress:="'" & Cells(i, 1) & "'!A1"
    i = i + 1

Loop

End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks. That's worked. I am also trying to Hyperlink opposite way so there is a link on individual sheet to main sheet. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
Here ya go, this will place a link in cell A1 on each sheet to go back to the Main Tab

Code:
Sub HyperToMain()

Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets

ws.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=ws.Range("A1"), Address:="", SubAddress:="'TB'!A1", TextToDisplay:="To Main Tab"

Next

End Sub

To place this link elsewhere on the Tabs change the following A1 to what ever cell you desire
Code:
Anchor:=ws.Range("[B][COLOR=#ff0000]A1[/COLOR][/B]")

Upvote 0
Thanks.

How do I get this Macro to look for a specific row. EG if the sheet I am on is called "140005", and there is a cell with this value on the sheet, how do I get the macro to look for this value rather than A1?

Cheers
Steve

Upvote 0
I am not sure why you would want the name of the current sheet to be the link to the main sheet, but try this

Code:
Sub HyperToMain()

Dim ws As Worksheet

On Error Resume Next

For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets

ws.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=ws.UsedRange.Find(ws.Name, LookIn:=xlValues), Address:="", SubAddress:="'TB'!A1"

Next

End Sub

This will look through and the first time it sees the sheet name within the sheet it will make it the hyperlink back to the TB sheet (looks through each cell of each row within the usedrange of the sheet)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back