Is this possible

iansmith

In colunm A, row 2 I have the W/C dates that populate down throghout that colunm.
In colonm B, I have Duty Numbers which also populates down.(It is set up so that I can just enter the first date & duty number and it populates down)
In colunms C,D,E,F and so on, I have a vlookup formula that looks at the duty number colunm and inserts the relavent duty time for each day ( the days are across the top row 1) what I want to happen is: that if christmas day falls on say Tuesday, I want the cell with the vlookup formula in to say "Christmas day" is this possible. ( it is not possible to just write Chistmas day in the cell because it changes position in the table as I change the date and duty number at the top of colonms A & B).. Hope iv'e explained this clearly, can any one help, any suggestions are welcome.

Aladin Akyurek
I have managed to download the addin,
but still can't get this fomula to work, is it possible for me to send you the sheet and you may be able to tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'm sure it must be something simple.
thanks ian.smith17@virgin.net

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
On 2002-10-27 08:38, iansmith wrote:
Aladin Akyurek
I have managed to download the addin,
but still can't get this fomula to work, is it possible for me to send you the sheet and you may be able to tell me what i'm doing wrong, i'm sure it must be something simple.
thanks ian.smith17@virgin.net

After seeing your workbook, I reduced the formula just to...

=IF(ISNA(SETV(VLOOKUP($A7+D$2,Holidays,2,0))),VLOOKUP($C7,$C$44:$T$49,D$1),GETV())

where A7 houses a start date (always a Sunday date), row 2 from D2 on day increments for next day (Monday,...), row 1 from D1 column indexing for $C$44:$T$49.

You could also give a name to the table in $C$44:$T$49 and move the table to a separate sheet (e.g., one named Admin).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayo4dgacorbanget

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back