Large Data Set, Particular Question

TAJSC

Hi Guys,

I've spent a couple of hours trying to solve my issue with Pivottables and formulas, but am now thinking VBA may be better included.

I've got a large dataset, and the columns that included that I care about are:
-The date
-The user number
-The test result (Pass,Fail,Blank)

I want to ignore all other collumns.

I want to know for Monday to Friday of a week, and for every other week that is available in the set, how many days (out of five) did they get at least 95% of the time a "PASS" in the test result column?

I would attach an example, but it won't let me attach? :(

Any particular solutions that come to mind?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
i would attach an example, but it won't let me attach?

TAJSC,

Can we see what your actual raw data workbook/worksheet looks like, and, can we see in another worksheet, what the results (manually formatted by you) should look like?

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

Dropbox

Upvote 0
TAJSC,

Can we see what your actual raw data workbook/worksheet looks like, and, can we see in another worksheet, what the results (manually formatted by you) should look like?

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

Dropbox

Sorry it took so long! I've been completely stacked!

This is some example data I created.... (I've only included the columns that matter to me) The real data may contain months of records regarding many users.

Thank you for your reply

Dropbox - example data.xlsx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TAJSC,

Thanks for the workbook/worksheets (Sheet1, Sheet2 is blank, and, Sheet3 is blank).

Sheet1 has information in columns A, B, C, D, and, E, going down to row 20.

The information in columns H, I, and, J, looks like a table where the information results should go, going down to row 39, but, most of that area is blank?

Columns H, I, and, J, will have to be manually completed by you for the results that you are looking for.

Please post another workbook on Dropbox.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgharbawi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back