Large Excel File

SportsNerd

I've create an Excel document that is 38.8 MB. This Excel document is a measuring College Basketball Elo rankings. I have one tab for Game Results, one tab the calculates the Elo ranking after everyday (everyday is represented by row in the Game Results tab) based on the Game Results tab, I have one tab that figures the standing based the differences in the Elo Rating tab, and then I have two tabs to calculate and show the chances on each team to win the NCAA tournament based on current Elo rankings. I have VLOOKUP's and INDEX/MATCH formulas in many different places. Can someone help me make this excel file smaller?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Without knowing how much data we're dealing with, or how many formulas, its hard to say.

The main cause of large files is arguably the formatting. A useful page here and well worth a read to see if it can help you reduce your file size.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back