limiting SUMPRODUCT to a certain value

PlumGr8

Board Regular
So, i have this formula =sumproduct((H2:H500,"Job 1")+(K2:K500,"200"))

Problem is sometimes K says 200, others its 200/tire, etc. Is there a simple way that anytime it see "200" that it will count?

Basically i have MX events to also track and trying to automate the tracking. I did try "*200*" and a couple other things but couldn't quite get it. Unless there is a different formula that is better i am all ears. Thanks in advance

Hmm, tried that but was getting the typo warning and was correcting it, but then just #value

so i tried it that way, and tried it without the "250". so ...={"200"})*left(k2:k500,4)< >"2000"))

and it was detecting a typo and fixing it to ...)<"2000") with a #value error?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Hmm, tried that but was getting the typo warning and was correcting it, but then just #value

so i tried it that way, and tried it without the "250". so ...={"200"})*left(k2:k500,4)< >"2000"))

and it was detecting a typo and fixing it to ...)<"2000") with a #value error?

Control+shift+enter, not just enter:

=SUM(IF(H2:H500="Job 1",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(IF(MID(K2:K500,4,1)="0","###",LEFT(K2:K500,3)),{"200","250"},0)),1)))

Upvote 0
tried ctrl,shift,enter on the previous formula, will try yours as well. I'd like to get the other one to work, only to keep it consistent with the other formulas in the cells.

Upvote 0
tried ctrl,shift,enter on the previous formula, will try yours as well. I'd like to get the other one to work, only to keep it consistent with the other formulas in the cells.

How do you mean? An array formula is not consistent with other formulas?

Upvote 0
I did get yours to work, i was just originally trying to get this one to work from the other post

=SUMPRODUCT((H2:H500="Job 1")*(LEFT(K2:K500,3)={"200"})*LEFT(K2:K500,4)<>"2000"))

I liked that one mostly because it was similar logic to the others i have now, to make it easier for people to fix in the future if needed. I just couldn't get it to work properly at the time

Upvote 0
I did get yours to work, i was just originally trying to get this one to work from the other post

=SUMPRODUCT((H2:H500="Job 1")*(LEFT(K2:K500,3)={"200"})*LEFT(K2:K500,4)<>"2000"))

I liked that one mostly because it was similar logic to the others i have now, to make it easier for people to fix in the future if needed. I just couldn't get it to work properly at the time

Does this work? Try on:

Book1
HIJK
2Job 1200a
3Job 1200/a
4Job 1200
5Job 12000
6Job 1250
Sheet1

Upvote 0
This formula works for me.

=SUMPRODUCT((H2:H500="Job 1")*(LEFT(K2:K500,3)={"200";"250"})*LEFT(K2:K500,4)<>"2000"))

The point is that you do not want this formula, so which formula do you want?

Upvote 0
No that one i do like and would prefer, only because it is consistent with my other ones. But the other one suggested does work.

This one, i tried again and i get the "typo" error and when corrected it defaults to #value . Just not sure why. I will try to play with it again. I really appreciate all the help from both of you especially. Its really helping me on getting these forms updated etc.

Upvote 0
=SUM(IF(H2:H500="Job 1",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(IF(MID(K2:K500,4,1)="0","###",LEFT(K2:K500,3)),{"200","250"},0)),1)))

That one was working for me. Not sure why yours won't for me? The other thing i need to decide on is most times i have 200 or 200/tires, etc. Sometimes i have 200/2000. So it will see the 200, but not the 2000 when i need it to count the 2000. I have no idea if a formula can account for that. I may just have to track that one separately?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back