limiting SUMPRODUCT to a certain value

PlumGr8

Board Regular
So, i have this formula =sumproduct((H2:H500,"Job 1")+(K2:K500,"200"))

Problem is sometimes K says 200, others its 200/tire, etc. Is there a simple way that anytime it see "200" that it will count?

Basically i have MX events to also track and trying to automate the tracking. I did try "*200*" and a couple other things but couldn't quite get it. Unless there is a different formula that is better i am all ears. Thanks in advance

It ends up in the cell like this. The source column these pull from may say 200/2000, or 300/2000, or 200/tires, 300/batts, etc
MX Events
SiteMxTotal
Job Site 12002
Job Site 1400/8003
Job Site 120000
Job Site 13001
Job Site 22002
Job Site 2400/8002
Job Site 220000
Job Site 23000
Job Site 32001
Job Site 3400/8003
Job Site 320000
Job Site 33000

<tbody>
</tbody>

It sees I fail to make clear what I'm asking for.

To recap: Are the values under the header Total the expected values? If so, how do you get 2 for Job Site 1 and 200?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Ooo, ok sorry think i misunderstood. So in another sheet we have a column that we enter these MX values in to. It goes on for days, weeks months, even yrs sometimes. So i am just trying to create a formula that will scan the column these are entered in and count a tally. So Job Site 1 did X amount on this, or X amount of that over a long term span.

Upvote 0
Ooo, ok sorry think i misunderstood. So in another sheet we have a column that we enter these MX values in to. It goes on for days, weeks months, even yrs sometimes. So i am just trying to create a formula that will scan the column these are entered in and count a tally. So Job Site 1 did X amount on this, or X amount of that over a long term span.

Why don't you answer my question for just the sample you post? Are the values (the numbers) under the header Total the expected counts for the sample you posted? If not, what is the count you want for Job Site 1 and 200 for the sample you posted?

Upvote 0
Those counts are current at this time, since i have been playing with these formulas. The Total #2 next to the 200 just mean it was completed 2 times so far

Upvote 0
Those counts are current at this time, since i have been playing with these formulas. The Total #2 next to the 200 just mean it was completed 2 times so far

I think I should give up... Last effort:

Are you looking for counting the occurrences of 200 for the last sample you posted, if so, what must be the result?

Are you looking for counting the co-occurrences of 200 and Job Site 1 for the last sample you posted, if so, what must be the result?

Upvote 0
Every time Job Site 1 does a 200 it counts 1, Every time Job Site 2 does a 200, it counts 1, and just keeps a running tally. Over the months it will result in hundreds of overall

Upvote 0
Every time Job Site 1 does a 200 it counts 1, Every time Job Site 2 does a 200, it counts 1, and just keeps a running tally. Over the months it will result in hundreds of overall

You have 2 for the co-occurrence of Job Site 1 together with 200 for the last sample you posted is 1, not 2. What is required is a simple yes or no. If the answer is no, I stop.

Upvote 0
No its 2, because it happened twice. The example is just a test version pulling data from the other cells. I have it mostly working thanks to the help from all of you, all i am having a glitch with is getting it to see 200 and 2000 at certain times. Its a rare occurrence but it does happen on occasion so i need the formulas to account for that.

Upvote 0
No its 2, because it happened twice. The example is just a test version pulling data from the other cells. I have it mostly working thanks to the help from all of you, all i am having a glitch with is getting it to see 200 and 2000 at certain times. Its a rare occurrence but it does happen on occasion so i need the formulas to account for that.

This is the sample you posted:

Book1
ABC
1SiteMxTotal
2Job Site 12002
3Job Site 1400/8003
4Job Site 120000
5Job Site 13001
6Job Site 22002
7Job Site 2400/8002
8Job Site 220000
9Job Site 23000
10Job Site 32001
11Job Site 3400/8003
12Job Site 320000
13Job Site 33000
Sheet1

In this sample Job Site 1 and 200 (colored above) co-occur (occur together) just once (that is, 1).

Under the header Total you have 2 for the co-occurrence of Job Site 1 and 200. Is this 2 true or the outcome of some non-working formula? If 2 is the true outcome for the above sample, I don't see it. If it's the outcome of a non-working formula, you should not post such at all. Instead, you should just post what is true for the above sample.

Upvote 0
Its showing 2 because it has occurred twice over a few weeks time. That example is how the columns/rows are formatted to look, which will then feed another sheet showing the results in more detail, That setup is actually in column X,Y and Z. The values for Z pull from column K. The formulas i have been getting great help from all of you with are in column Z in my sheet, which is where the 2,3,0, etc come from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back