bigjeff25

Better question...I have a price list of 100 items can I make it so this data can be filtered by more than one column

for ex.

Itempriceitemprice

<tbody>
</tbody>

can I link both "item" categories so that they both can filter ALL of the info

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Welcome to the Board!

Why aren't your Items/Prices in the same columns? I'd start there, as it's a proper structure.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!Why aren't your Items/Prices in the same columns? I'd start there, as it's a proper structure.

thanks for responding.....When I did that in a "Price/List "Column , the different lengths of items names and pricess made it not line up nicely which is a pain to look at when its 100+ items.....Is there any way I can use a filter on Column A "item" and make it filter both column A and column C?

Upvote 0
This is an example of what I have so far
10723570_921191861229130_351203785_n.jpg

Upvote 0
Why not add another column for short name description, then you can use a filter on that column? Having separate columns for the same data types is going to cause you lots of headaches in the long run. You could even add a column for Unit of Measure, which will help clean things up more.

I think in this case you're trying to use Excel like a database, which means you need to try to follow database rules regarding structure and keep everything together.

Upvote 0
Why not add another column for short name description, then you can use a filter on that column? Having separate columns for the same data types is going to cause you lots of headaches in the long run. You could even add a column for Unit of Measure, which will help clean things up more.

I think in this case you're trying to use Excel like a database, which means you need to try to follow database rules regarding structure and keep everything together.

I get what your saying...my whole reason for doing this is to get the list to print on 2 pages instead of 4 while still being able to filter items in the list.

Upvote 0
You won't be able to filter the way you want with the data in multiple columns, so you might want to play with page setup settings, or see if a pivot table will do what you want.

If this is part of a bigger scheme, like order entry, you might want to think about using Access, where you could probably do this in a report with the right setup (but I'm not all that strong on Access reports).

Upvote 0
You won't be able to filter the way you want with the data in multiple columns, so you might want to play with page setup settings, or see if a pivot table will do what you want.

If this is part of a bigger scheme, like order entry, you might want to think about using Access, where you could probably do this in a report with the right setup (but I'm not all that strong on Access reports).

You were right about putting the info in one column and then messing with the page layout..MUCH EASIER

Only question now is when I concatenate the sells is there a way to push the info in one cell all the way to the the right , "price" so that they all line up nicely

ex: =CONCATENATE([@[Fresh Products]]," ",+[@Price])

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexlomt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back