Linked Cell

Ammarbokhari

Board Regular
I have job names that I want to repeat on another sheet.
but when I add a row in my source sheet, and add a new job name,the job names in other sheet are not updated.
What I want is, when I add a row in source sheet, a row to be added on relative position on the output page and the formulas that I have on the row above are also repeated (i.e if i add a row and add a project name in source sheet, project name is added to the list on the output sheet)
Is there a way to represent the values in a specific column of one sheet on another sheet? (when cells are added in that particular input sheet, cell are added in output sheet and the values updated accordingly)

Hope I am making myself clear.

Awaiting a response

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
No its not like that.
Both the sheets have different headers so they don't start from same number of rows. Also there are some empty cells on first sheet (which I need to keep, in order to keep the formatting in shape) but I dont have such empty cells on the second sheet.
I have 4 division in my company and when job names for one particular division end there are 5 rows without job names in which I am summarizing that divisions outputs and man hours etc.
So they are related but not on the same row.

Upvote 0
are all divisions in a separate tab?

if that's so, it'd be easy to create a summary tab with a macro.

Upvote 0
as far as i understood
you are looking for a dynamic range that updates every time you add row

you may try one of two ways

1- to make your data in a table

Select your Data and
INSERT>TABLE

it updates automatically

2 visit this fantastic video from mrexcel chanel

Upvote 0
I tried to insert table but it has a limitation that it only inserts values from within the same sheet. Where as, the data I require is on another sheet.
My idea so far is to give the input sheet "job names" a list name. But in that case both the input and output have to be at the same row. (as, if you use list name in a cell it gives the value/text in that list at that particular row, and if current row is not in the list, its giving value error). (i.e if list Jobnames is from B6:B20 and we put =Jobnames in cell C21 it will give value error and if we put C20=Jobnames it will give the value present in B20)
Is there a way around this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessbob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back