Linked comboboxs to worksheet on userform for data entry

John_McClane

Hi guys,

I've been looking around for ages but can't seem to find anything similar to what I'm looking for.

I have a spreadsheet with a list of peoples names running down column A starting at A15 to A90 (The range will grow and shrink) A14 is labelled name. b14 is option 1, c 14 option 2 etc until option 12.

In each corresponding cell there is a date. So for example, Steve McQueen's Option 1 date would be 12/12/2001 in column b32 say.

I have a userform to add new data to the sheet and it works perfectly (thanks to this forum). I would really like to have a userform to edit data already in on the sheet.
So i would have one combobox with a list of all the names in the range A15:A90 and then a second combobox with the headings in the range b14:b26 and then once you've selected both the text you type into a textbox beneath will fill the selected cell.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance, any help would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back