Linked Excel Charts in PowerPoint

dnortje23

Hi All,

I have seen a few threads similar to my predicament, but none with a final outright solution so I'm hoping someone might have some advice for me! :)

Essentially I have a mighty big PowerPoint databook with linked excel charts (each slide in the databook is linked to a respective worksheet in the workbook) that I need to 'version' into 6 separate presentations and I'm not too sure how best to go about it. When I did a trial run a few weeks back I was able to 'trick' ppt into sourcing the data from a different excel workbook, but once I've done that, I'm not too sure how to save the ppt with all the links attached so that I can create 5-6 independent versions of the same databook. :eek:

I have created the first full version which is currently my master template, but now I need to be able to link the ppt to another workbook (everything the same except for the figures) so I can create a new version without interfering with version 1

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
So you have a PPT and an XLS in a folder somewhere. The XLS has one of your sets of data, and the PPT links to it. The other sets of data have identically laid out XLS files.

Make five copies of your folder, one at a time open the copied PPT and copied XLS in each, and make sure the PPT links to the XLS in the same folder.

Now, replace each copied XLS with the XLS for a different set of data. Reopen the two files, and make sure the links update.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelfromGermany

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back